Status Hero is a work communication tool that turns agile-style check-ins and project management data into concise, insightful reports.
Replace time-consuming meetings, shoulder taps, and other interruptions with succinct online updates.
Status Hero works with project management tools like GitHub, Jira, and Asana, and messaging tools like email, Slack, and Microsoft Teams to compile your team’s activity and check-ins into a single report you can review and share.
Help your team regain focus by getting continuous clarity on accomplishments, intentions, and blockers across workflows.
Here's how it works:
1) Team members respond to a brief, once-daily check-in. These are customizable by time zone and can be sent by email, Slack, or other tools.
2) Activity from project management tools like GitHub, Jira, Trello, Asana, and Clubhouse (among others) is automatically added to the check-ins.
3) Everyone gets a report with team-wide check-ins, goals, activities, and requests for help. Later, create custom reports for 1:1s and retros.
One Tool, Three Ways to Make Your Team Happier
1. Fix Stand-Up Meetings
Status Hero collects all of the work details so you can use stand-ups to talk about substance (or skip them altogether).
2. Seamlessly Connect Remote Team Members
Customize when and how people check in and receive updates. Work across asynchronous schedules and time zones with less confusion.
3. Build Trust & Gain Transparency
Understanding how everyone else is contributing to the team's goals is essential to building trust. More trust means quicker decision-making, smoother collaboration, better estimates, and a more focused team.
- OIDC OpenID Connect is an extension to the OAuth standard that provides for exchanging Authentication data between an identity provider (IdP) and a service provider (SP) and does not require credentials to be passed from the Identity Provider to the application.
- SAML Security Assertion Markup Language is an open standard for exchanging authentication and authorization data between an identity provider (IdP) and a service provider (SP) that does not require credentials to be passed to the service provider.
- SWA Secure Web Authentication is a Single Sign On (SSO) system developed by Okta to provide SSO for apps that don't support proprietary federated sign-on methods, SAML or OIDC.
- Attribute Sourcing
- Create Creates or links a user in the application when assigning the app to a user in Okta.
- Update Okta updates a user's attributes in the app when the app is assigned. Future attribute changes made to the Okta user profile will automatically overwrite the corresponding attribute value in the app.
- Deactivate Deactivates a user's account in the app when it is unassigned in Okta or their Okta account is deactivated. Accounts can be reactivated if the app is reassigned to a user in Okta.
- Sync Password Push either the users Okta password or a randomly generated password to the app. This feature is not required for all federated applications as user authentication takes place in Okta, however some apps still require a password.
- Group Push Push existing Okta groups and their memberships to the application. Groups can then be managed in Okta and changes are reflected in the application.
- Group Linking Link Okta groups to existing groups in the application. Simplifies onboarding an app for Okta provisioning where the app already has groups configured.
- Schema Discovery Import the user attribute schema from the application and reflect it in the Okta app user profile. Allows Okta to use custom attributes you have configured in the application that were not included in the basic app schema.
- Attribute Mastering The application can be defined as the source of truth for a full user profile or as the source of truth for specific attributes on a user profile.
- Attribute Writeback When the application is used as a profile master it is possible to define specific attributes to be sourced from another location and written back to the app. For example the user profile may come from Active Directory with phone number sourced from another app and written back to Active Directory.