2. PRIZES: Prizes for the Sweepstakes are as follows:
a. Customer. There will be one (1) prize offered to one (1) Customer winner, consisting of two (2) Certification VIP passes to the Oktane18 conference to be held on May 22, 2018 through May 24, 2018 in Las Vegas, Nevada (“Oktane18”), which includes the registration fee for the two (2) attendees (approximate retail value (“ARV”): $1,390), two (2) rooms at a hotel of the Sponsor’s choice for each night of Oktane18 (three (3) nights total, ARV: $1,400) and two (2) pre-conference training passes (ARV: $3,200). Total ARV of the Customer prize is $5,990.
b. Partner. There will be one (1) prize offered to one (1) Partner winner, consisting of four (4) Certification VIP passes to Oktane18, which includes the registration fee for the four (4) attendees (ARV: $2,780), four (4) rooms at a hotel of the Sponsor’s choice for each night of Oktane18 (three (3) nights total, ARV: $2,800) and four (4) pre-conference training passes (ARV: $6,400). Total ARV of the Customer prize is $11,980.
Odds of winning a prize is affected by the number of eligible entries received by the Sweepstakes End Date. Total ARV of all prizes: $17,970 (actual value may vary). Allow 4-8 weeks after validation of arrangement for receipt of prize. The actual number of prizes awarded is based on the number of eligible entries received. Winners will be solely responsible for all other expenses not specifically set forth herein. Gift certificates, vouchers and gift cards may be subject to certain restrictions, conditions and limitations as established by the providers of such gift certificates, vouchers and gift cards. The Sponsor reserves the right to offer a cash prize of the same applicable ARV in lieu of the prizes described above or substitute prizes of equal or greater value. No other substitution, cash equivalent or transfer of prizes permitted. The Sponsor is responsible only for prize delivery; not responsible for prize utility, quality or otherwise. In order to receive a prize, winners may be required to provide proof of identification. Taxes on any prize, including income and/or sales taxes, are the sole responsibility of the winners. The winners of any prize with a value of $600 or greater will be issued a 1099 U.S. Tax Form for the retail value of the prize and are advised to seek independent counsel regarding the tax implications of the prize winnings.
3. ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes is only open to commercial enterprises and business entities incorporated in the United States that are Customers or Partners. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant accepts the conditions stated in these Official Rules, agrees to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsor and warrants that it is eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. Employees, independent contractors, officers, and directors of the Sponsor, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, and legal advisors, and their immediate family members and persons living in the same household, are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. SWEEPSTAKES IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW and is subject to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
4. SELECTION OF WINNERS: On or about February 15, 2018 (“Drawing Date”), the Sponsor will randomly select the winners. Winners will be selected from all eligible entries received by the Sweepstakes End Date, excluding entrants that were previously selected as a winner for another prize of the Sweepstakes. Winners will be notified by telephone or email using the information Sponsor has on file for the applicable Customer or Partner, within 30 days of the drawing. In the event a winner does not accept the prize, a winner is ineligible, or the prize or prize notification is not deliverable an alternate winner may be selected. The Sponsor is not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify winners. Winners agree to use of name, address, and/or prize information for promotional purposes in any medium without additional compensation to the extent permitted by law. Where lawful, winners may be required to sign and return a Liability Release.
5. CONDITIONS: The Sponsor and its agents, directors, officers, shareholders, employees, insurers, servants, parents, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, predecessors, successors, representatives, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, and legal advisors (the “Released Entities”), are not responsible for, shall not be liable for, and hereby disclaim all liability arising from or relating to: (i) late, lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, misdirected, misaddressed, incomplete, unintelligible or postage-due entries; (ii) telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet, computer or other malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind, whether human or technical; (iii) failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer or e-mail transmissions; (iv) any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Sponsor; (v) any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the prize, or acceptance, possession, or use of the prize, or from participation in the Sweepstakes; or (vi) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend, modify or cancel the Sweepstakes should any unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond the Sponsors’ control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In the event that proper administration of the Sweepstakes is prevented by such causes as contemplated above, the Sponsor will pick the winners from all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to such action. By participating in the Sweepstakes, participants and winners agree to release, discharge and hold harmless the Released Entities, and all others associated with the development and execution of the Sweepstakes, from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind arising out of or relating to the Sweepstakes, participation in the Sweepstakes and/or Oktane18, the prize, and/or acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize, including but not limited to statutory and common law claims for misappropriation or participant’s right of publicity. This Sweepstakes shall be governed by California law. By participating in the Sweepstakes, participants agree that California courts shall have jurisdiction over any dispute or litigation arising from or relating to the Sweepstakes and that venue shall be only in the state or federal courts having jurisdiction over San Francisco, California.
6. WINNERS LIST: To obtain the name, city and state of the Sweepstakes winners after the Sweepstakes End Date, send a separate self-addressed, stamped envelope marked “Oktane18 Registration Promotion Winners List” to the Sweepstakes Sponsor. Requests for winners list must be received no later than 90 days from the Sweepstakes Date (residents of Vermont and Washington need not include return postage).
7. SWEEPSTAKES SPONSOR:
Okta Certification Promotion
301 Brannan Street, 1st Floor
San Francisco, CA 94107
8. NOTICE: The Sponsor reserves the right to prosecute and seek damages against any individual who attempts to deliberately undermine the proper operation of the Sweepstakes in violation of these Official Rules and/or criminal and/or civil law.
9. Copyright 2017 Okta, Inc. All rights reserved. Okta, Inc. and the associated logo are registered trademarks of Okta, Inc. Any other trademarks, in these Official Rules are used for prize identification purposes ONLY and are the properties of their respective owners.