Benefits of partnering with Okta
Trusted Key is an enterprise solution built to prevent identity fraud, improve security and enhance the consumer experience with password-less authentication and transaction authorization. TrustedKey was acquired by Workday in 2019.
DataGrail is a data privacy platform that integrates with leading applications and infrastructure solutions to provide its customers with continuous compliance for current and future privacy regulations, such as the GDPR and CCPA.
Productiv is the leading enterprise SaaS Management Platform that enables smarter renewal decisions, more intelligent license allocations, and stronger application adoption through automated workflows and deep analytics.
VNDLY’s cloud-native workforce management platform helps companies source, hire, and manage their external workforces, while simplifying implementation, integration, and change management.
Hunters.AI is an autonomous threat hunting solution. By consistently searching for attack techniques it automatically detects missed threats and correlates them across a multitude of surfaces to speed enterprise breach detection & response.
Openpath creates smart, customizable mobile access control systems. By combining enterprise cloud-based software and sleek hardware that is encrypted at every level, Openpath enables a secure, frictionless solution that prioritizes the user experience.
How Okta Ventures works withportfolio companies
Consumers expect transparency and control. Modern businesses require a unified consumer identity to build customer trust. In the age of privacy, our mission with Okta Ventures is to continue to meet expectations where they matter most. DataGrail has thrived through a collaborative partnership and a shared vision.
Since the very earliest days of Ockam, we’ve consistently coalesced a community that shares our vision of a seamless connected world, with trust at the center. Okta shares our belief that integrations and partnerships are essential to building trust across the technology ecosystem and we’re excited to have their support and expertise as we build the next generation of secure identity solutions.
CEO and Founder, Ockam
Frequently asked questions
Okta seeks to support the broader ecosystem of identity, privacy, and user centric security startups. Okta Ventures' mission is to extend the Okta platform to help people and companies securely connect to any technology.
- Leverage unique access to Okta’s extensive APIs, technologies, and engineering expertise.
- Increase brand awareness with co-marketing opportunities through the Okta Integration Network.
- Join a mutually-supportive ecosystem driving innovation in the identity space.
- Participate in specialized bootcamps on product development, engineering, and sales.
No, we exclusively co-invest alongside other lead investors.
Okta Ventures invests across all stages of startup lifecycle.
Okta has reserves for follow-on investments.
Typical early stage investments are <$1,000,000. Later stage investment check sizes are dependent on round structure.
We look for companies with the following features:
- Identity-Driven - Companies must be focused on modern identity, and be well positioned to address identity, privacy or security use cases.
- Long-term Partner - Candidates must be eager to collaborate and partner with Okta to solve identity challenges for organizations around the world.
- Okta Integration Network Contributor - Companies must have the potential to deliver unique value to Okta's deep network of pre-built integrations.
- Market Fit - Product must solve a specific problem for customers, and companies will be required to showcase demand and market fit.
- Raising Funding - Companies must be raising an early stage round with a lead investor confirmed.
We have a standard diligence process that is tailored to the stage/maturity of the company in review. We are also sensitive to founder's need for a fast and efficient diligence process and aim to make decisions as fast as possible.
Okta does not currently have plans to take board seats.
We are interested in companies that touch upon identity, privacy, and user-centric security.
See submission form on this website.
We target approximately 10 startup investments per year.
Yes, feel free to click through the companies’ career pages to learn more.
Okta Ventures reviews all relevant investment proposals (see application form on this page). Okta Ventures encourages underrepresented founders to submit information on their business and encourages its portfolio companies to hire diverse teams.