Okta and AWS: Making it Easier to Use Workforce Identity on AWS
As the world’s new work-from-home reality has multiplied user identities and cloud projects, IT teams are often spending more and more time managing AWS users, accounts, and roles. But using Okta to manage AWS resources allows you to leverage existing credentials and give an entire workforce—wherever they are, whatever device they’re using—the access they need to their AWS resources at every point in the employee lifecycle.
Over the past year, AWS and Okta have been working closely together to deepen integrations designed to help customers leverage Okta's Universal Directory and Workforce Identity products with AWS native access management capabilities.
With Okta for AWS, IT teams and developers are able to:
- Spend less time and effort managing AWS users, accounts, and roles
- Automate assignment of AWS entitlements
- Provide dynamic access that evolves across the employee lifecycle, with all the changes in your HR system of record automatically flowing to Okta and AWS
- Enable developers to use the native AWS CLI v2 tool; they can sign-in via their Okta credentials and be presented with a step-up challenge with Okta MFA
- Comply with your industry security certifications and regulations, if any
In this webinar, Ron Cully, Principal Product Manager at AWS, and Unni Ravindranathan, Director of Product Management at Okta, will show you how to leverage these new capabilities to connect identities inside Okta to AWS and use them to manage access across all AWS accounts and AWS SSO-integrated applications. Join us to learn how to centralize AWS access control, simplify administration, and accelerate your cloud migration with Okta and AWS.