Okta + Workplace: Get More Done, Securely
Facebook has long been one of the top apps in the Okta Application Network, so it came as no surprise that Okta customers would want to leverage the powerful networking service to improve productivity and collaboration within their organizations. Workplace by Facebook (formerly known as Facebook for Work) was unveiled on Monday and we’re proud to be a launch partner. Okta + Workplace blends the consumer-friendly benefits of Facebook with the simple security and governance required by the largest enterprises in the world.
Many of our joint customers, including Oxfam, GoPro, Columbia Sportswear, Rodan + Fields, Made.com and Edelman (a Workplace Services launch partner), have already been using Okta to connect to Workplace in beta for months now. A tool like Workplace is most valuable when an organization can deploy it to the entire company on Day One. Workplace is particularly unique from other new work apps, because people already know and love Facebook! Facebook already has 1.8 billion active users, so IT doesn’t have to spend time on training and adoption.
Okta’s integration with Workplace enables IT departments to connect Workplace to any user store, eliminate login and password hassles, automate how employees are provisioned a Workplace account, and configure adaptive multi-factor authentication. Benefits of the integration include:
- Eliminate login and password hassles: Bypass the security risks of multiple logins and enforce strong password policies with Okta Single Sign-On—just like with other top apps: SFDC and or G Suite.
- Automate the user lifecycle: Automatically create users at scale in Workplace, based on security groups and other Active Directory attributes. Any changes in AD/LDAP are automatically reflected in Okta and Workplace, including name or email changes as well as user account status updates.
- Add multi-factor authentication: Add an extra layer of security to Workplace on Day One with modern factors including Okta Verify, or third-parties like Yubikey and Google Authenticator.
- Jump-start collaboration: Automatically add new users to pre-existing Groups, giving them full access to all the collaboration that has taken place since the creation of the group — not just when they were added to the group.
- Connect to your directories: Leverage Okta to connect to other IDP and AD directories when using multi-company groups.
Okta’s Cloud Connect program offers a fully-free Okta instance for an unlimited number of Workplace users with Universal Directory, Single Sign-On, Lifecycle Management and Multi-factor Authentication, in addition to limited Basic Support and training resources.
To get started with Workplace, visit okta.com/facebook, where you can find deployment guides and ‘how-to-videos,' showing how to get Workplace connected to any user store in minutes— for free.