8 Unforgettable Moments from Oktane22
The Identity event of the year is a wrap! This week the Okta community descended on San Francisco—and thousands more joined us online—to connect, share, and inspire. Here are just a few noteworthy moments from our 10th annual conference, Oktane22.
- An epic keynote: Okta CEO and co-founder Todd McKinnon kicked off the event with a fond look back at Oktane’s past and a bold vision for our passwordless future. The Oktane22 keynote was packed with inspiring customer stories, product demos, and deep dives into Okta’s two key solutions: Customer Identity Cloud and Workforce Identity Cloud. And there were plenty of announcements too: new anti-phishing capabilities, passkey support, wider availability for Okta Privileged Access and Okta Identity Governance, and much more.
- Okta’s brand evolution, revealed: Oktane attendees couldn’t miss Okta’s new look and feel, which we unveiled on the first day of Oktane22. Okta’s evolved brand—including a sharper logo, more vibrant brand colors, and a reimagined Okta aura—showed up all over the Moscone Center. It’s all a reflection of our new, bold brand purpose: to build a world where Identity belongs to you.
- Customer celebrations: Our No. 1 value is “love our customers,” and that was on full display at Oktane22. We showcased our customers in keynotes and demos, honored some standouts at a fun-filled award ceremony, and rocked out to indie pop band Fitz and the Tantrums at our customer appreciation party.
- Serena Williams! Tennis legend Serena Williams took the Oktane stage for an inspiring and candid conversation with Bloomberg’s Emily Chang. Williams offered insights on making an impact, balancing being an athlete and an advocate, and what her company, Serena Ventures, looks for in founders when making investments.
- Breakouts galore: The Oktane agenda featured more than 50 breakout sessions hosted by Okta experts, partners, and customers. It was standing room only for presentations on hot topics like “Life Beyond Passwords” and “Identity and the Future of the Internet.” We also streamed a full day of programming via Oktane Online, giving our worldwide community a chance to join, learn, and engage.
- Giving back: We’re committed to making an impact in our communities, both through our Okta for Good program and at events like Oktane. This year our Vets@Okta employee resource group chose to support Marine Toys for Tots, and we set a goal of raising $15,000 at Oktane, matching our attendees’ donations.
- Getting social: We were thrilled to launch our official Okta TikTok account just in time for Oktane22, giving our followers buzzworthy glimpses behind the scenes at the big event. We also posted daily recaps to LinkedIn and Twitter, and offered attendees fun freebies like professional headshots and chances to win coveted Okta swag.
- Magic! Finally, on our closing day, NBA great Earvin “Magic” Johnson rallied the overflow crowd with lessons from his incredible career as a basketball star, entrepreneur, and philanthropist. Johnson shared details about his legendary rivalries, advice on how to build a great team, and perspectives on his own unique personal identity.
What a week it was. Thanks to our incredible Okta community for making Oktane22 our best event yet. We’ll see you next year!
Missed out on the event? Catch up on the product highlights.
Weren’t able to attend Oktane this year? Don’t worry — you can watch the highlights from the event in our Best of Oktane22 recap video. Whether you attended Oktane22 and want to relive the experience or just want to see what the hype is all about, you won't want to miss it.
We’ll see you next year!