DataGrail is a privacy platform, built to help companies comply with the GDPR, CCPA, and LGPD. Using DataGrail, enterprises can identify and map applications and personal data; operationalize privacy requests; and manage company-wide communication preferences. DataGrail has 200+ pre-built application connectors and integrations for data lakes, providing a no-code onboarding for customers. New systems are automatically detected without manual surveys, and privacy requests are performed without involving application owners. Data inventory is continuously updated, and communication preferences propagate seamlessly across all systems, with a robust compliance log and monitoring for high risk personal data.
- Privacy laws like GDPR, CCPA and CPRA continue to evolve, yet most technology platforms were designed and deployed at a time before these regulations existed.
- Organizations are held accountable for complying with stringent and changing privacy requirements, too often relying on disparate, manual processes to try to keep up.
- Understanding and managing privacy requests allowed by the new regulations, requires inventorying systems that contain personal data, and understanding where and how that data is used.
- Email consent is often siloed by departments or systems—like marketing, customer service, and sales—so customer preference changes aren’t necessarily reflected everywhere.
• Live Data Map - DataGrail is the only privacy platform that provides continuous system detection, delivering a real-time inventory of your data assets. DataGrail’s 300+ pre-built connectors combined with database and data lake integrations support data discovery of all personal data within your organization, creating a Live Data Map.
• Request Manager - Automate data subject requests for the GDPR, CCPA, and CPRA. Eliminate human-error and manual processing to protect your company’s brand and reduce risk. Request Manager fulfills Do Not Sell (DNS), access, and deletion requests. DataGrail’s proprietary identity verification improves the consumer experience, and streamlines the internal process.
• Preference Card - Without DataGrail, systems capture preferences in isolation, and an opt-out in a marketing system leaves that contact in other systems. DataGrail allows synchronizing preferences across all systems to improve the consumer experience.
How it Works
DataGrail’s no-code integration with Okta allows shared customers to automate data subject requests (DSRs & DSARs), without involving the Okta admin owner.
Reduce risk and ensure sustained compliance with evolving privacy laws
- Combine industry-leading identity management with a purpose-built privacy management platform to secure and simplify preference management
- Automate the discovery and mapping of personal data from third-party apps, data lakes, and internal systems for legal team visibility
- Centralize privacy requests from all connected sources, so teams can address them globally and propagate changes across all systems
- Provide users with easy-to-use tools to manage their own privacy requests, taking the burden off internal teams
- Stay continuously compliant as privacy laws evolve, generating accurate real-time logs to demonstrate compliance and reduce risk
- OIDC OpenID Connect is an extension to the OAuth standard that provides for exchanging Authentication data between an identity provider (IdP) and a service provider (SP) and does not require credentials to be passed from the Identity Provider to the application.
- SAML Security Assertion Markup Language is an open standard for exchanging authentication and authorization data between an identity provider (IdP) and a service provider (SP) that does not require credentials to be passed to the service provider.
- SWA Secure Web Authentication is a Single Sign On (SSO) system developed by Okta to provide SSO for apps that don't support proprietary federated sign-on methods, SAML or OIDC.
- Create Creates or links a user in the application when assigning the app to a user in Okta.
- Update Okta updates a user's attributes in the app when the app is assigned. Future attribute changes made to the Okta user profile will automatically overwrite the corresponding attribute value in the app.
- Deactivate Deactivates a user's account in the app when it is unassigned in Okta or their Okta account is deactivated. Accounts can be reactivated if the app is reassigned to a user in Okta.
- Sync Password Push either the users Okta password or a randomly generated password to the app. This feature is not required for all federated applications as user authentication takes place in Okta, however some apps still require a password.
- Group Push Push existing Okta groups and their memberships to the application. Groups can then be managed in Okta and changes are reflected in the application.
- Group Linking Link Okta groups to existing groups in the application. Simplifies onboarding an app for Okta provisioning where the app already has groups configured.
- Schema Discovery Import the user attribute schema from the application and reflect it in the Okta app user profile. Allows Okta to use custom attributes you have configured in the application that were not included in the basic app schema.
- Attribute Sourcing The application can be defined as the source of truth for a full user profile or as the source of truth for specific attributes on a user profile.
- Attribute Writeback When the application is used as a profile master it is possible to define specific attributes to be sourced from another location and written back to the app. For example the user profile may come from Active Directory with phone number sourced from another app and written back to Active Directory.