Dropbox is a cloud-based file storage and collaboration platform for the modern work environment. Dropbox drives company growth while giving you complete control over important company information and user activity.
Dropbox integrates with over 300,000 applications, so you can be sure it works with the tools and software your team already uses. Designed as a secure, distributed infrastructure with multiple layers of protection, Dropbox continually operates behind the scenes to protect your data.
Integrating Okta and Dropbox makes it easy to manage access and licenses for everyone on your team, even down to the folder or file level. Okta also automates provisioning by synchronizing your AD or LDAP groups into Dropbox.
Together, Dropbox and Okta provide:
* Enterprise Single Sign-On (SSO)
* Adaptive multi-factor authentication (MFA)
* Automated user provisioning and deprovisioning
* Secure data migration when de-provisioning users
* Robust tracking and reporting
* Secure mobile access
Add this integration to enable authentication and provisioning capabilities.
- Event Hooks
- Inbound Federation
- Outbound Federation
- SAML Security Assertion Markup Language is an open standard for exchanging authentication and authorization data between an identity provider (IdP) and a service provider (SP) that does not require credentials to be passed to the service provider.
- Workflow Templates
- Workflows Connectors
- SWA Secure Web Authentication is a Single Sign On (SSO) system developed by Okta to provide SSO for apps that don't support proprietary federated sign-on methods, SAML or OIDC.
- OIDC OpenID Connect is an extension to the OAuth standard that provides for exchanging Authentication data between an identity provider (IdP) and a service provider (SP) and does not require credentials to be passed from the Identity Provider to the application.
- Create Creates or links a user in the application when assigning the app to a user in Okta.
- Update Okta updates a user's attributes in the app when the app is assigned. Future attribute changes made to the Okta user profile will automatically overwrite the corresponding attribute value in the app.
- Attribute Sourcing The application can be defined as the source of truth for a full user profile or as the source of truth for specific attributes on a user profile.
- Deactivate Deactivates a user's account in the app when it is unassigned in Okta or their Okta account is deactivated. Accounts can be reactivated if the app is reassigned to a user in Okta.
- Sync Password Push either the users Okta password or a randomly generated password to the app. This feature is not required for all federated applications as user authentication takes place in Okta, however some apps still require a password.
- Group Push Push existing Okta groups and their memberships to the application. Groups can then be managed in Okta and changes are reflected in the application.
- Group Linking Link Okta groups to existing groups in the application. Simplifies onboarding an app for Okta provisioning where the app already has groups configured.
- Schema Discovery Import the user attribute schema from the application and reflect it in the Okta app user profile. Allows Okta to use custom attributes you have configured in the application that were not included in the basic app schema.
- Attribute Writeback When the application is used as a profile master it is possible to define specific attributes to be sourced from another location and written back to the app. For example the user profile may come from Active Directory with phone number sourced from another app and written back to Active Directory.
Here is a section all about documentation, integration, and implementation.
Dropbox Business Connector actions
- Custom API Action
- Unsuspend User
- Update User
- Create User
- Remove User
- Suspend User
- Get User