With Okta and Evident integrated together, organizations can add a frictionless identity verification step during a new user registration or an account upgrade request, before making an access decision. Verify a variety of attributes–like age, insurance, motor-vehicle records, and licensing and accreditation status–to determine a user’s access to (or denial from) your application or platform. Seamlessly close the registration loop with secure authentication, granting valid users access to approved apps and resources, while denying invalid users.
- With identity fraud on the rise, organizations in nearly every industry are looking for new ways to verify user identities before providing account access or opening up new services
- As more information is collected during the user onboarding process in an attempt to verify identities, this personally identifiable information itself becomes an added risk and liability for enterprises
- How, then, can organizations securely verify and authenticate customers online, without adding complexity for end users or risk for the enterprise?
Combine Evident’s identity proofing with Okta’s identity management solution to validate end user identities and provide secure access
Verify a variety of pertinent attributes–like age, insurance, motor-vehicle records, and licensing and accreditation status–to determine a user’s access to (or denial from) your application or platform
Customize policies, levels of assurance, and user registration experiences to authenticate new account registrations according to organizational needs
Seamlessly close the registration loop with secure authentication, granting valid users access to approved apps and resources, while denying invalid users
Prevent fraud without user friction
With Okta and Evident integrated together, organizations can add a frictionless identity verification step during a new user registration or an account upgrade request, before making an access decision. Evident’s identity verification process is easy for end users to perform, while simultaneously deflecting impersonators. After a successful verification step, users enjoy secure authentication through Okta to seamlessly complete their registration and provide appropriate access.
Verify multiple data attributes without handling sensitive personal data
With Evident, organizations can retrieve data from thousands of authoritative sources to verify pertinent facts about an individual in order to determine whether to grant or deny access. Examples: A ride-sharing company signing up new drivers might verify a driver’s license, motor vehicle records, and proof of insurance; a bank might expedite online loan applications by verifying an applicant’s loan-qualifying data like address, utility usage, and employment. Evident’s solution has connections to thousands of authoritative sources, enabling organizations to add identity verification, without handling or holding sensitive personal data.
Securely and easily verify and authenticate users
- Okta and Evident work together to add world-class identification verification to best-of-breed identity and access management
- Leverage documents users already own and tap into up-to-date records from authoritative sources to verify identities and other attributes through a single API
- Securely provide legitimate end users a higher degree of self-service and a better onboarding experience
- Provide the decision-making data your teams need without centrally storing sensitive data, reducing risk and liability for the enterprise
- OIDC OpenID Connect is an extension to the OAuth standard that provides for exchanging Authentication data between an identity provider (IdP) and a service provider (SP) and does not require credentials to be passed from the Identity Provider to the application.
- SAML Security Assertion Markup Language is an open standard for exchanging authentication and authorization data between an identity provider (IdP) and a service provider (SP) that does not require credentials to be passed to the service provider.
- SWA Secure Web Authentication is a Single Sign On (SSO) system developed by Okta to provide SSO for apps that don't support proprietary federated sign-on methods, SAML or OIDC.
- Create Creates or links a user in the application when assigning the app to a user in Okta.
- Update Okta updates a user's attributes in the app when the app is assigned. Future attribute changes made to the Okta user profile will automatically overwrite the corresponding attribute value in the app.
- Deactivate Deactivates a user's account in the app when it is unassigned in Okta or their Okta account is deactivated. Accounts can be reactivated if the app is reassigned to a user in Okta.
- Sync Password Push either the users Okta password or a randomly generated password to the app. This feature is not required for all federated applications as user authentication takes place in Okta, however some apps still require a password.
- Group Push Push existing Okta groups and their memberships to the application. Groups can then be managed in Okta and changes are reflected in the application.
- Group Linking Link Okta groups to existing groups in the application. Simplifies onboarding an app for Okta provisioning where the app already has groups configured.
- Schema Discovery Import the user attribute schema from the application and reflect it in the Okta app user profile. Allows Okta to use custom attributes you have configured in the application that were not included in the basic app schema.
- Attribute Mastering The application can be defined as the source of truth for a full user profile or as the source of truth for specific attributes on a user profile.
- Attribute Writeback When the application is used as a profile master it is possible to define specific attributes to be sourced from another location and written back to the app. For example the user profile may come from Active Directory with phone number sourced from another app and written back to Active Directory.