Okta Integration Network
At Fuze, we want to change the way people communicate so they can do their best work. With the modern workforce in mind, we’ve created one platform that empowers people to seamlessly transition between calling, meeting, chatting, and content sharing, and collaborate on any device, whenever and wherever they choose.
- Employees need powerful, intuitive tools to communicate from any work location, whether in person or remote
- Keeping those tools both secure and easy to use is an ongoing IT responsibility
- Manual user onboarding, offboarding, and provisioning introduces risk and is time consuming
- Efficiency and scalability suffer as IT works to stay abreast of changes
Sync your communication tools with your directory, securing user identity
Save time with automated provisioning, onboarding, and offboarding, freeing IT from manual work
Use single sign-on (SSO) to keep collaboration assets easily accessible
Use multi-factor authentication (MFA) to keep the environment reliably safe
Enable Easy, Productive Communications from Day One
Okta’s identity solution integrates with Fuze directly with Active Directory (AP or LDAP), or with Okta’s Universal Directory, so your organization’s employees, contractors, and clients can authenticate with enterprise credentials, and quickly unlock the full power of best-in-class cloud collaboration.
Unshackle IT from Manual Tasks
The Okta+Fuze integration automates provisioning, deprovisioning, onboarding, and offboarding, providing security ops teams with a simple, elegant interface for easily managing those activities. Directory-level personnel, group, and status changes are automatically synced between systems, freeing IT from manual tasks.
Secure the Environment Everywhere
Okta’s identity-based security helps you secure the operations of a workforce of any complexity, including remote and local users, across an array of locations and devices, with application and other entitlements that change with status, and resources that may be in the cloud or on-prem.
Okta + Fuze: Securing Enterprise Communications at Scale
- Enable global enterprise access to best-in-class voice, messaging, and videoconferencing tools
- Arm your global workforce with SSO and MFA to make authentication easy and communication safe
- Empower employees, contractors and partners to collaborate anywhere, any time, on any device
- Reduce manual data errors and breach risk through synced directories and automated provisioning
- Increase worker productivity, group success, and security ops peace of mind from day one
- OIDC OpenID Connect is an extension to the OAuth standard that provides for exchanging Authentication data between an identity provider (IdP) and a service provider (SP) and does not require credentials to be passed from the Identity Provider to the application.
- SAML Security Assertion Markup Language is an open standard for exchanging authentication and authorization data between an identity provider (IdP) and a service provider (SP) that does not require credentials to be passed to the service provider.
- SWA Secure Web Authentication is a Single Sign On (SSO) system developed by Okta to provide SSO for apps that don't support proprietary federated sign-on methods, SAML or OIDC.
- WS-Fed A standard for exchanging authentication and authorization data between an identity provider (IdP) and a service provider (SP) that does not require credentials to be passed to the service provider.
- Create Creates or links a user in the application when assigning the app to a user in Okta.
- Update Okta updates a user's attributes in the app when the app is assigned. Future attribute changes made to the Okta user profile will automatically overwrite the corresponding attribute value in the app.
- Deactivate Deactivates a user's account in the app when it is unassigned in Okta or their Okta account is deactivated. Accounts can be reactivated if the app is reassigned to a user in Okta.
- Sync Password Push either the users Okta password or a randomly generated password to the app. This feature is not required for all federated applications as user authentication takes place in Okta, however some apps still require a password.
- Group Push Push existing Okta groups and their memberships to the application. Groups can then be managed in Okta and changes are reflected in the application.
- Group Linking Link Okta groups to existing groups in the application. Simplifies onboarding an app for Okta provisioning where the app already has groups configured.
- Schema Discovery Import the user attribute schema from the application and reflect it in the Okta app user profile. Allows Okta to use custom attributes you have configured in the application that were not included in the basic app schema.
- Attribute Mastering The application can be defined as the source of truth for a full user profile or as the source of truth for specific attributes on a user profile.
- Attribute Writeback When the application is used as a profile master it is possible to define specific attributes to be sourced from another location and written back to the app. For example the user profile may come from Active Directory with phone number sourced from another app and written back to Active Directory.