By combining Okta with Jumio, you can add document identity proofing to your registration workflow. Okta provides user registration and authentication, and Jumio can provide Identity Proofing services. Scanning government IDs, “live-proofing,” and other techniques help you gather additional information from online customers to gain more confidence that they are who they say they are.
- Identity fraud is at an all-time high, with account takeover tripling between 2016 and 2017*
- With the rise of data breaches and the dark web, enterprises need a higher level of assurance than personally identifiable information to protect against fraud
- Authenticating digital customers securely and quickly is a growing challenge for enterprises
- By combining Okta with Jumio, you can add document identity proofing to your security arsenal
- Scanning government IDs, “live-proofing,” and other techniques ensure online customers are who they say they are
- AI-driven algorithms keep fraudsters out and let your customers in, with no unreasonable access hurdles
- Customers, now authenticated and identified in Okta, can then be granted secure access to apps and assets
Securely authenticate new account registrations
With the combination of Okta and Jumio in place, organizations can require customers attempting to open new accounts to first prove their identity, using a variety of methods that are easy to perform but difficult for fraudsters to spoof. These methods include scanning the front and back of a driver’s license or other government-issued ID card, taking and transmitting a “selfie,” and passing a liveness detection test requiring a new customer to follow a moving dot on their device (this provides additional protection against those trying to cheat the selfie test with a prior photo or video). Suspicious users can be given a Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) challenge from Okta to further validate identity. In the majority of cases the combination of proofs can be submitted in under a minute. Once a legitimate customer completes the security actions, the desired new account will be opened; while fraudulent attempts to open an account will be blocked.
Provide step-up authentication for new service requests
When existing account holders digitally request new services, it represents another opportunity for fraud to come into play. But with Okta + Jumio, enterprises can assign users to groups (such as “existing customer accounts”), can centrally manage their access privileges, and can protect legitimate account holders from fraudulent account takeover by using ID proofing and step-up authentication during new service requests. For example, when an existing customer tries to open a new credit card, the finance company can use Jumio’s ID proofing and Okta’s MFA as additional layers of security to validate that this request is coming from the real customer, while denying fraudulent requests.
Use ID proofing to securely and easily authenticate customers at scale
- Enable efficient gatekeeping that lets legitimate users in but keeps fraudulent users out, automatically
- Minimize customer abandonment with an intuitive process that utilizes documents they already own
- Provide step-up authentication for questionable access requests with Okta Multi-Factor Authentication
- Protect registration, transactions, and customer access so security can scale with the enterprise
To learn more about this integration, contact us.