MongoDB Cloud is the unified data and serverless development platform with the leading database for modern applications at its core. Query live and historical data, search, analyze, and innovate at the edge, all with a single expressive API. Use Okta to manage access to MongoDB Cloud, support channels, and free online training at MongoDB University.
- Teams need easy access to a wide variety of cloud tools, support channels, and educational resources to achieve their goals
- Lack of centralized access management platform makes it difficult for admins to configure and review authentication and permissions
- Providing secure access to resources on an ongoing basis, especially as user roles change, can be a manual and time-intensive task
- Maintain enterprise security control. Simplify and standardize database security controls so admins can configure and review user authentication and access in Okta
- Deliver a more cohesive and seamless user experience. Maintain and implement fewer security protocols across the enterprise by using Okta for users to access MongoDB cloud products (MongoDB Atlas, MongoDB Realm, MongoDB Charts), support channels, and MongoDB University from a single login flow.
- Easy to configure. Adhere to the highest enterprise security standards and compliance regulations without extensive and complex configurations
Features & Functionality
- MongoDB Cloud organization owners can set up a federation for their company and ensure that all users login using Okta
- Organization owners can whitelist domains to their company’s federation so that only users with an email address from the listed domains can access MongoDB Cloud
- Users can use the same identity provider configuration across all organizations they belong to, ensuring a unified login experience
Simplify access to all of MongoDB Cloud and the tools you need to move fast
Provisioning and authentication
Add this integration to enable authentication and provisioning capabilities.
- Create Creates or links a user in the application when assigning the app to a user in Okta.
- Update Okta updates a user's attributes in the app when the app is assigned. Future attribute changes made to the Okta user profile will automatically overwrite the corresponding attribute value in the app.
- Deactivate Deactivates a user's account in the app when it is unassigned in Okta or their Okta account is deactivated. Accounts can be reactivated if the app is reassigned to a user in Okta.
- Attribute Sourcing The application can be defined as the source of truth for a full user profile or as the source of truth for specific attributes on a user profile.
- Sync Password Push either the users Okta password or a randomly generated password to the app. This feature is not required for all federated applications as user authentication takes place in Okta, however some apps still require a password.
- Group Push Push existing Okta groups and their memberships to the application. Groups can then be managed in Okta and changes are reflected in the application.
- Group Linking Link Okta groups to existing groups in the application. Simplifies onboarding an app for Okta provisioning where the app already has groups configured.
- Schema Discovery Import the user attribute schema from the application and reflect it in the Okta app user profile. Allows Okta to use custom attributes you have configured in the application that were not included in the basic app schema.
- Attribute Writeback When the application is used as a profile master it is possible to define specific attributes to be sourced from another location and written back to the app. For example the user profile may come from Active Directory with phone number sourced from another app and written back to Active Directory.
- SAML Security Assertion Markup Language is an open standard for exchanging authentication and authorization data between an identity provider (IdP) and a service provider (SP) that does not require credentials to be passed to the service provider.
- SWA Secure Web Authentication is a Single Sign On (SSO) system developed by Okta to provide SSO for apps that don't support proprietary federated sign-on methods, SAML or OIDC.
- OIDC OpenID Connect is an extension to the OAuth standard that provides for exchanging Authentication data between an identity provider (IdP) and a service provider (SP) and does not require credentials to be passed from the Identity Provider to the application.