Thycotic Secret Server SAML
Thycotic makes powerful Privileged Access Management (PAM) simple. Secret Server makes it easy to detect, control, change and audit privileged accounts across any organization. Secret Server is the only fully featured PAM solution available both on premise and in the cloud.
Thycotic’s award-winning software gives security and IT ops teams the agility to secure and manage all types of privileges, protecting administrator, service, application, and root accounts from cyber attack. Unlike traditional, complex PAM solutions, Secret Server works the way you work, starting with the most rapid deployment in the industry and giving you direct control to customize as you grow. Secret Server empowers organizations to:
Improve Security Posture - Protecting privileged accounts helps businesses tighten their attack surface and build resilience against other causes of disruption
Minimize Complexity & Maintain Productivity - Unlike other offerings, Secret Server is the fastest to deploy and easiest to use, unburdening IT teams.
Experience Enterprise-Class Performance - Thycotic secures privileged accounts for more than 12,500 organizations worldwide, including Fortune 500 enterprises and is deployed on the largest networks in the world.
Realize Fast ROI - Thycotic offers the fastest time to value of any PAM solution and delivers the most scalable enterprise-class solutions at a competitive price.
Provisioning and authentication
Add this integration to enable authentication and provisioning capabilities.
- Create Creates or links a user in the application when assigning the app to a user in Okta.
- Update Okta updates a user's attributes in the app when the app is assigned. Future attribute changes made to the Okta user profile will automatically overwrite the corresponding attribute value in the app.
- Deactivate Deactivates a user's account in the app when it is unassigned in Okta or their Okta account is deactivated. Accounts can be reactivated if the app is reassigned to a user in Okta.
- Attribute Sourcing The application can be defined as the source of truth for a full user profile or as the source of truth for specific attributes on a user profile.
- Sync Password Push either the users Okta password or a randomly generated password to the app. This feature is not required for all federated applications as user authentication takes place in Okta, however some apps still require a password.
- Group Push Push existing Okta groups and their memberships to the application. Groups can then be managed in Okta and changes are reflected in the application.
- Group Linking Link Okta groups to existing groups in the application. Simplifies onboarding an app for Okta provisioning where the app already has groups configured.
- Schema Discovery Import the user attribute schema from the application and reflect it in the Okta app user profile. Allows Okta to use custom attributes you have configured in the application that were not included in the basic app schema.
- Attribute Writeback When the application is used as a profile master it is possible to define specific attributes to be sourced from another location and written back to the app. For example the user profile may come from Active Directory with phone number sourced from another app and written back to Active Directory.
- SAML Security Assertion Markup Language is an open standard for exchanging authentication and authorization data between an identity provider (IdP) and a service provider (SP) that does not require credentials to be passed to the service provider.
- SWA Secure Web Authentication is a Single Sign On (SSO) system developed by Okta to provide SSO for apps that don't support proprietary federated sign-on methods, SAML or OIDC.
- OIDC OpenID Connect is an extension to the OAuth standard that provides for exchanging Authentication data between an identity provider (IdP) and a service provider (SP) and does not require credentials to be passed from the Identity Provider to the application.