Okta Integration Network
Zscaler provides its customers the capability to authenticate to its "Zscaler Internet Access" service using SAML and provisioning and deprovisioning capabilities through SCIM API calls.
- For efficiency, employees need quick, secure access to cloud-based enterprise apps and assets
- Companies need to control and moderate this access, both to the Internet and to cloud resources
- Multiple user devices, the new mobile workforce, and hybrid IT environments raise new security challenges
Okta + Zscaler provides a unified, reliable solution for securing cloud initiatives
The integration shifts the security focus from perimeter-based to identity-based
IT gets new tools to set and enforce corporate access policies, while end users get a smooth employee experience, regardless of where they are or what device they’re using
Easily manage employee access to the web and other cloud resources
Zscaler Internet Access lets IT control all domain user access to cloud resources and the Web. With details and context provided by Okta’s best-in-class identity and access management, IT teams can automatically apply access restriction policies to each authenticated employee group.
Confidently provide cloud-based enterprise software to employees
With Okta + Zscaler, companies can quickly and safely deploy scalable, cloud-based enterprise software across the entire workforce. Provisioned employees can use Okta’s Single Sign On (SSO) to connect directly to apps like Office 365 with no lag, whether they’re inside or outside your perimeter. Okta’s MFA protects the connections at the identity level, so your employees can safely enjoy new productivity gains.
Provide complete, seamless security for all users and assets, wherever they live
For today’s enterprise security, there’s no perimeter to protect. A mobile workforce, collaborating in constantly shifting ways, employs multiple devices both inside and outside your perimeter to access an ever-changing set of external sites and applications. The Okta + Zscaler integration lets you safely evolve away from perimeter defense, and simply and securely protect user identity across your workforce and enterprise assets wherever they live.
End-to-end enterprise security for total workforce access control
- Let employees access cloud-based resources as securely and easily as on-prem resources
- Fine-tune cloud access based on group permissions
- Automate workforce provisioning and deprovisioning
- Arm your enterprise to take full advantage of cloud-first transformation initiatives, including Office 365 and more
- OIDC OpenID Connect is an extension to the OAuth standard that provides for exchanging Authentication data between an identity provider (IdP) and a service provider (SP) and does not require credentials to be passed from the Identity Provider to the application.
- SAML Security Assertion Markup Language is an open standard for exchanging authentication and authorization data between an identity provider (IdP) and a service provider (SP) that does not require credentials to be passed to the service provider.
- SWA Secure Web Authentication is a Single Sign On (SSO) system developed by Okta to provide SSO for apps that don't support proprietary federated sign-on methods, SAML or OIDC.
- WS-Fed A standard for exchanging authentication and authorization data between an identity provider (IdP) and a service provider (SP) that does not require credentials to be passed to the service provider.
- Create Creates or links a user in the application when assigning the app to a user in Okta.
- Update Okta updates a user's attributes in the app when the app is assigned. Future attribute changes made to the Okta user profile will automatically overwrite the corresponding attribute value in the app.
- Deactivate Deactivates a user's account in the app when it is unassigned in Okta or their Okta account is deactivated. Accounts can be reactivated if the app is reassigned to a user in Okta.
- Sync Password Push either the users Okta password or a randomly generated password to the app. This feature is not required for all federated applications as user authentication takes place in Okta, however some apps still require a password.
- Group Push Push existing Okta groups and their memberships to the application. Groups can then be managed in Okta and changes are reflected in the application.
- Group Linking Link Okta groups to existing groups in the application. Simplifies onboarding an app for Okta provisioning where the app already has groups configured.
- Schema Discovery Import the user attribute schema from the application and reflect it in the Okta app user profile. Allows Okta to use custom attributes you have configured in the application that were not included in the basic app schema.
- Attribute Mastering The application can be defined as the source of truth for a full user profile or as the source of truth for specific attributes on a user profile.
- Attribute Writeback When the application is used as a profile master it is possible to define specific attributes to be sourced from another location and written back to the app. For example the user profile may come from Active Directory with phone number sourced from another app and written back to Active Directory.