Zylo is the leading SaaS optimization platform that transforms how companies manage and optimize cloud-based applications organizations rely on today
- As the cloud revolution continues to explode, organizations are moving away from on-prem software solutions
- IT is no longer the only department within an organization purchasing cloud software
- IT struggles to see a single view of all software use across the enterprise
- Decentralization of cloud software leads to increased security risks, application proliferation, licensing waste, lack of governance, and an overall unknown value of software
Together Okta and Zylo create a system of record for cloud-based software, giving an organization complete visibility into its SaaS application usage. Together, Okta and Zylo enable an organization to:
Compare the spend on each application against usage data
Identify underutilized licenses to redeploy
Drive ROI of the most under-utilized apps via enablement and training
Identify applications that could benefit from Single Sign-On (SSO) and Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) security
Add this integration to enable authentication and provisioning capabilities.
- Event Hooks
- Inbound Federation
- Outbound Federation
- SAML Security Assertion Markup Language is an open standard for exchanging authentication and authorization data between an identity provider (IdP) and a service provider (SP) that does not require credentials to be passed to the service provider.
- Workflow Templates
- Workflows Connectors
- SWA Secure Web Authentication is a Single Sign On (SSO) system developed by Okta to provide SSO for apps that don't support proprietary federated sign-on methods, SAML or OIDC.
- OIDC OpenID Connect is an extension to the OAuth standard that provides for exchanging Authentication data between an identity provider (IdP) and a service provider (SP) and does not require credentials to be passed from the Identity Provider to the application.
- Create Creates or links a user in the application when assigning the app to a user in Okta.
- Update Okta updates a user's attributes in the app when the app is assigned. Future attribute changes made to the Okta user profile will automatically overwrite the corresponding attribute value in the app.
- Attribute Sourcing The application can be defined as the source of truth for a full user profile or as the source of truth for specific attributes on a user profile.
- Deactivate Deactivates a user's account in the app when it is unassigned in Okta or their Okta account is deactivated. Accounts can be reactivated if the app is reassigned to a user in Okta.
- Sync Password Push either the users Okta password or a randomly generated password to the app. This feature is not required for all federated applications as user authentication takes place in Okta, however some apps still require a password.
- Group Push Push existing Okta groups and their memberships to the application. Groups can then be managed in Okta and changes are reflected in the application.
- Group Linking Link Okta groups to existing groups in the application. Simplifies onboarding an app for Okta provisioning where the app already has groups configured.
- Schema Discovery Import the user attribute schema from the application and reflect it in the Okta app user profile. Allows Okta to use custom attributes you have configured in the application that were not included in the basic app schema.
- Attribute Writeback When the application is used as a profile master it is possible to define specific attributes to be sourced from another location and written back to the app. For example the user profile may come from Active Directory with phone number sourced from another app and written back to Active Directory.
Here is a section all about documentation, integration, and implementation.
Securely Manage and Optimize Your Entire Software Stack with Unparalleled VisibilityRead it