Many organizations depend on on-prem LDAP servers to run their critical business applications. These organizations need an easy way to extend their LDAP infrastructure as they adopt cloud applications.
Okta offers a light weight, easy to install agent that sits on your on-prem LDAP server, allowing end users to authenticate to Okta using their LDAP credentials without replicating those credentials into the cloud. In addition, Okta can import user accounts and attributes into the cloud service to improve performance and support complex scenarios.
This is all done without firewall changes or additional on-prem hardware.
- Delegated authentication - Use credentials in your LDAP directory to authenticate users into apps without importing, storing, or passing user credentials to Okta
- Provisioning - Enable provisioning to LDAP directories from Okta or other connected systems (such as AD or HR Systems)
- Self-service password reset - Allow end users to reset or change their password without pinging the IT help desk
- Scheduled and just-in-time imports - Import user information each time the user successfully authenticates or get imports of both users and groups at scheduled times
- Incremental imports - Become more efficient by appending user attributes and schemas without completely replacing the user
- Password sync - Synchronize passwords from Okta (or other connected directories like Active Directory) into LDAP directories
Okta LDAP Agent connects to existing LDAP server