SAN FRANCISCO, CA-- Okta, the leading identity and mobility management company, today announced a set of new capabilities for Okta Mobility Management (OMM). They include VPN and WiFi profile provisioning, jailbreak/root detection and device-aware access management for securing access to cloud applications. In addition, Okta is launching the integration of push notifications to all devices, including Apple Watch, via the company's multi-factor authentication (MFA) solution, Okta Verify. Okta's OMM and MFA features offer comprehensive security for the enterprise combined with a simple, intuitive experience that delights employees and administrators.
"Enabling a secure mobile workforce requires IT professionals to deliver content, services and applications to a variety of devices while increasing productivity and simplifying the lives of employees. Enterprise apps must be as simple to access and use as consumer counterparts -- and that's what these updates deliver," said Naveed Makhani, head of mobile product management at Okta. "Since launching OMM in November, we have been innovating rapidly to create a complete, integrated identity and mobility solution purpose-built for the mobile-cloud era. We will continue to deliver on this vision to enable our customers' success."
New functionality includes:
- Okta Verify with Push for Every Device: Okta Verify with Push now enables users to securely authenticate with a single tap via all devices, including Apple Watch, iPad, iPhone, Android and Windows Phone.
- Device-Aware Access Management: IT can increase cloud app security by defining access policy based on both the user's identity and the device's security profile, preventing access to sensitive information from unauthorized devices. For example, IT can restrict access to Office 365 to only managed devices.
- VPN Profile Provisioning: OMM can now provision VPN configurations directly to a device, without requiring IT to duplicate infrastructures or implement application proxies and gateways. Okta uses the native VPN capabilities built into the mobile operating system to leverage customers' existing VPN solutions and enable easy access to on-premises resources.
- WiFi Profile Provisioning: IT can also now use OMM to push WiFi settings directly to mobile devices, enabling employees to automatically connect to corporate WiFi networks and IT to remove access for security purposes.
- Jailbreak/Root Detection: New jailbreak/root detection functionality enables IT to deprovision enterprise data from compromised iOS and Android devices.
Carlisle Construction Materials Leverages OMM to Enable Mobile Workforce
Okta customer Carlisle Construction Materials, the corporate building manufacturing and distribution division of Carlisle Construction, leverages Okta Mobility Management to power its mobile workforce and has been first to access many Okta OMM features. The organization has grown its mobile device usage and therefore needed a way to support Office 365 on corporate and BYOD devices. The Fortune 1000 company selected OMM to ensure that its field workers could easily and securely access their applications on the go. Unlike traditional EMM deployments, Carlisle Construction Materials has seen rapid and significant employee adoption.
"The importance of mobility for Carlisle increases every day -- our employees rarely come into the office and they also use mobile devices as their primary computing platform, so access to content, applications and services on mobile is critical to our business. Okta is entirely cloud-based and integrated so it was truly a no-brainer for Carlisle to choose Okta for an identity and mobility management platform," said Jeff Janovich, software analyst at Carlisle Construction Materials. "Not only does Okta give our IT department a single-pane view of all of our employee activity including web, email and mobile device management, but our employees love the simplicity of Okta Verify with Push. We believe that Okta has the vision and capability to innovate for the future of the connected workforce."
For more information, please visit: https://www.okta.com/product/mobility-management/