SAN FRANCISCO — April 1, 2020 — Okta, Inc. (NASDAQ:OKTA), the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise, today at Oktane20 Live introduced Okta Platform Services, foundational, service-oriented technologies at the heart of the Okta Identity Cloud. Okta Platform Services enable Okta to meet unlimited workforce and customer identity use cases that customers and partners can access through out of the box products, APIs, and integrations. Okta Workflows and Okta Devices as well as expanded Okta Identity Engine capabilities join Okta Integrations, Okta Directories, and Okta Insights platform services to further evolve the industry’s leading independent and neutral cloud identity platform.
The role of identity is expanding rapidly in today’s enterprise, serving an increasingly mission-critical role. Organizations are leveraging identity to drive secure productivity and efficiency within their own workforces, as well as to deliver the product experiences that win and retain loyal customers. Enterprises require an independent platform approach to centralize identity; one that offers APIs and SDKs to customers and partners to drive development, customization, and meet future use cases. By building Okta Platform Services with a modular, service-oriented architecture, Okta, along with its customers and partners, can quickly create new features to speed innovation for everyone in the ecosystem.
“In an increasingly digital world, identity has become the unifying means by which organizations use technology, whether for their own workforces or to engage with their customers,” said Diya Jolly, Chief Product Officer, Okta. “Identity is also an evolving challenge that requires a modern platform-approach that encourages standardized and open development. To truly enable any organization to use any technology, we have made the Okta Identity Cloud even more flexible and customizable to meet virtually every use case imaginable. Platform Services like Workflows and Devices provide our customers and partners incredibly broad-ranging functionality across workforce and customer identity solutions.”
A True Identity Platform: Open Architecture Powers Rapid Innovation
Okta Platform Services are surfaced within the Okta Identity Cloud through Okta products and public APIs and SDKs, enabling everyone who uses Okta to tap into its technologies in a range of ways to rapidly innovate as identity evolves. Okta Platform Services not only power Okta products, but also enable broad new use cases quickly. Functionality like Okta FastPass, a new passwordless experience powered by device signals and biometrics, is made possible by combining multiple platform services to create entirely new, innovative capabilities. By building its platform with a service-oriented, integration-friendly architecture, Okta is enabling its own engineering and product teams to build rapidly while unleashing the entire Okta ecosystem of partners and customers to speed innovation.
Okta Platform Services consist of six core technologies:
- Okta Identity Engine: Runs a sequence of steps to deliver customized authentication, authorization, and registration flows based on context.
- Okta Directories: Powers Okta Universal Directory and User Management, increasing the flexibility and scalability for both products.
- Okta Integrations: Provides anyone access to build on top of Okta, offering frameworks, templates, and tooling to publish pre-built integrations to the Okta Integration Network.
- Okta Insights: Aggregates, analyzes, and disseminates Okta data into core technologies. Three functionalities — ThreatInsight, HealthInsight, and UserInsight — increase overall security posture by blocking malicious IP addresses, offering personalized recommendations for security policies and settings, and providing end users with suspicious activity alerts.
- Okta Workflows: Automates complex identity-centric business processes, all without code.
- Okta Devices: Collects device identity and context powering key features including Okta FastPass, Limited Access, Device Visibility, and Remote Sign-out.
“Wyndham Hotels & Resorts’ mission is to make hotel travel possible for all, and identity plays a pivotal role in how we deliver on that mission,” said Eric Brohm, Group Vice President and Chief Information Security Officer, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts. “Our ability to meet a variety of identity use cases with Okta keeps our workforce productive from anywhere and creates seamless experiences for the many types of customers we serve, no matter where they are located.”
Okta Platform Services are accessed through products in the Okta Identity Cloud. Features powered by Okta Directories, Okta Integrations, Okta Insights, and Okta Workflows are available today. Features powered by Okta Identity Engine and Okta Devices will be available in Early Access in Q4 2020. For more information, visit: https://www.okta.com/platform