Delivering a Human-Centric Approach to Healthcare
Federal healthcare agencies, like most agencies across the government, are working to deliver better experiences for citizens. People have grown accustomed to seamless, secure, digital experiences as a normal course of everyday life, and expect the same from their government. But federal health agencies face a unique set of challenges when it comes to improving the patient experience while securing sensitive health-related data and PII.
Listen to this on demand session to hear from federal health IT leaders on how they are modernizing and transforming their digital strategies to deliver a more human-centric approach to healthcare.
- Incorporating automation and API capabilities to improve the experiences of health partners and patients
- Modernizing identity platforms to improve and secure patient access
- The importance of identity and access management in digital healthcare transformation
Keynote Panelists Include:
- Justin Fanelli, Technical Director and Principal Engineer. Naval Information Warfare Center, and Assigned to the Defense Health Agency leading APIs for delivering Data and Analytical Services
- Jason Glanville, Director, Product Strategy, Department of Veterans Affairs
- Dave Mazik, IT Product Owner, API's, Department of Veterans Affairs
- Oki Mek, Senior Advisor to the HHS CIO, HHS ReImagine, Office of the Chief Information Officer, Department of Health and Human Services
- Shelby Switzer, API Activist, United States Digital Service, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- Habib Hourani, Senior Solutions Engineer, Okta