Okta centralizes the setup and management of the identity lifecycle for Microsoft Office 365 (O365). In this class, you will learn how to configure O365 with Okta in support of four distinct integration scenarios.
You will explore multifactor authentication (MFA) and how it is used to manage client access policies based on group memberships as well as examine mobile device management capabilities that allow you to securely administer your O365 user population.
In planning for an O365 deployment, you will define requirements for account profiling and provisioning and learn about how Okta manipulates data attributes using Universal Directory.
This hands-on intensive class includes scripted lab practice for integration scenarios as well as exposure to useful reports and common troubleshooting tips to maximize your understanding how Okta and O365 work together.
Participants will learn how to:
- Conduct scoping to understand how users accounts are managed and provisioned.
- Learn how federation plays a factor in your user strategy.
- Prepare for the mobile workforce and plan a single sign-on (SSO) experience for mobile devices accessing your corporate data.
- Automate additional security layers using Okta multifactor authentication (MFA) factors or third-party solutions.
- Compare installation methods to better understand the complexities between Okta and Microsoft.
- Deploy Okta and directory-sourced accounts in distinct provisioning situations with O365.
- Okta-sourced accounts with Okta provisioning
- Directory-sourced accounts with Okta provisioning
- Directory-sourced accounts with Microsoft provisioning
- Directory-sourced accounts with O365 with Microsoft provisioning and Okta licensing
- Use Okta reports to troubleshoot issues and support your user base.
To be successful in this course, you should have:
- Okta Essentials (recommended) or equivalent knowledge.
- Experience integrating Active Directory.
- Basic understanding of Identity and Access Management (IAM).
- Students use their own computers.
- Okta provides access to an Okta org, O365 tenants, and virtual machines to complete hands-on lab activity.
IMPORTANT: This content is available in the following delivery formats ONLY.
- Private Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT). Contact us at [email protected] to schedule a session.
- Self-paced, on-demand format as part of the Okta Premier Learning Pass subscription.
Relevant RoleAdministrator + Implementation Consultant
Learning MethodInstructor-led Training
Relevant ProductsSingle Sign-On + Adaptive Multi-factor Authentication
Cost$925 USD / seat
- For private class inquiries, contact us.
Frequently Asked Questions
What courses are offered?
At Okta, we have a lot of professionally developed training programs in place that are very effective at teaching our customers + partners about the technical aspects of the products we offer. Whether you’re an Administrator, Developer, or Implementation Consultant, Okta Training is easy to navigate!
The recommended learning path is to begin with the Hands-on Instructor-led Training (ILT) Labs designed for your role. In these courses, you’ll learn best practices and get realistic product experience with simulated Okta environments that support lecture and interactive activities.
You can continue with a self-paced learning approach with our basic product overview videos. In the Okta Help Center you’ll find Documentation and Training Videos, like the New Feature Release Video Series which will keep you in the know on what’s new in the product on a monthly basis.
Where can I find the schedule of Live training classes?
To accommodate our global customer base, we have scheduled virtual live classes in EMEA, APAC, and North American friendly time zones. The complete Instructor-led training schedule is published on the Hands-On Training page. To view the full schedule select Learn More and Register from there!
How do I register?
We offer a variety of self-service (on-demand) courses and curriculums. To view these options, click here and change the Learning Method filter to On-demand. You can view any of the self-paced classes clicking on the Register button and completing your registration.
Seats in our Hands-On Instructor-led Labs are first come first serve, and enrollment will be confirmed once billing and registrant information is received in full. To purchase a seat simply select the Register button, add the class to your Shopping Cart and Place Your Order. We’ll get working on your Training request and will be in touch within one business day.
Private Class registration is not available on the public site. If you are attending a Private Class, we have a special registration area just for your team. If you’re not sure where to go, email [email protected] and we will take care of everything for you.
How much do courses cost?
Okta customers can access Okta Basics Curriculum for free, but Hands-on Instructor-led courses cost money. Once you have identified which course you are interested in, select the Learn More button to view the cost for each course you are interested in. We are delighted to offer discounted pricing for Non-profit 501(c)3, Premier, Premier Access, and Premier Plus Success customers on some courses.
We can also arrange Private Classes for your team at a daily rate. Custom or tailored training must be scoped to your needs and sold prior to scheduling the delivery. Email [email protected] to get the ball rolling.
Who can enroll in Hands-on training courses?
Okta customers, prospects, and partners can purchase Hands-on Instructor-led training classes.
I’m registered for a Hands-on training class. Do you mind if a colleague looks over my shoulder?
We have to be clear about this one: Each training seat is like an individual license, assigned to just one student. Confirmed students are the only people who may attend the training. Sharing the training event with others in any way is expressly prohibited. Confirmed students are the only people who will receive course materials for the specified class.
What happens if I miss a Hands-on course I’ve registered for?
Please read our Training Terms to be familiar with our registration change and cancellation terms and penalties.
How do I attend my training session?
Accessing the Okta Virtual Classroom is easy! Once registered, you’ll receive a confirmation email from us with a calendar invite. You will also receive and email reminder 24 hours, 1 hour, and 30-15 minutes before the class starts. Each of these emails will include instructions on how to launch the class. You can also launch your class from the Transcript page of your Okta Learning Portal’s Learning.Check out these tips for Virtual Classroom Success to ensure your training experience is awesome.
How do I access training videos?
The Okta Help Center includes an extensive library of training videos and knowledge base articles, available whenever you feel the urge.
How long do virtual training sessions last?
Class lengths vary, depending on the course. Check your course schedule for beginning and end times.
Is virtual training interactive?
All virtual classes are highly interactive. The include a variety of lectures, application demonstrations, and question-and-answer sessions with a live instructor. Premium courses include access to an online lab environment where you will complete hands-on learning activities.
Do virtual classes have breaks?
Don’t worry, your live instructor is human, and also has to eat and take care of business. Each session includes scheduled breaks, which will be reviewed at the beginning of the course.
What do I need to bring to class?
Other than your questions and your sharp intellect, you will need the following to fully participate in class:
- A computer with a good Internet connection.
- An audio connection: Either a telephone, or a headset and microphone for VoIP connection.
- A keyboard and mouse, to complete online labs and answer instructor polls in Premium courses.
- We strongly recommend using a large monitor or dual monitor setup for Premium ILT Lab courses, so you can split your screen and more easily follow lab instructions during hands-on activities. You will also need a keyboard and mouse, to complete online labs and answer instructor polls in Premium courses.
What is your cancellation policy?
Okta training fees for Hands-on Training are non-refundable. Registrations for Hands-on Training may be rescheduled or canceled without penalty up to five business days prior to the class start-date. If you fail to show up for a class you registered for, you forfeit your registration fee. Sorry, but we can’t apply forfeited or no-show fees to future classes. Please read our Training Terms to learn more about our cancellation and change policy.
How can I cancel or change my registration?
Email [email protected], and include your full name, course name, date, and your request to cancel or reschedule. In accordance with our Training Terms changes must be made at least five business days prior to the start of the training class in order to avoid the penalty of forfeiting your training seat.
How much time do I have to use my course seat?
You have one (1) year after purchase to complete your course, unless otherwise specified by the terms of the sales agreement. If you wait longer than that, you forfeit your seat.
Can someone else in my company take my seat in a class?
Absolutely, just let us know. Registered class attendee(s) may be substituted without charge.