You use Okta to manage user access to your cloud applications, however you also want to implement modern security and single sign-on for your on-premises application environment. Using OAG, you can reduce your identity infrastructure by replacing your existing Web Access Management (WAM) or VPN solution to access your on-prem applications. Also leverage popular integration patterns to integrate complex on-prem applications without changing their source code.
In this course, you will learn common use cases for OAG, installation requirements, best practices from the field, and troubleshooting techniques. You will get hands-on practice installing and configuring the virtual OAG appliance to an Okta org. You will then configure proxy access to different types of applications, such as header-based and Microsoft IWA.
Participants will learn how to:
- Identify common use cases for Okta Access Gateway.
- Install and update OAG. Configure a sample header-based app.
- Configure a Kerberos app.
- Understand how to configure complex applications, like EBS.
- Set up SSL certificates and manage OAG security.
- Configure OAG for High Availability.
- Monitor and troubleshoot OAG.
- Configure OAG Data Stores.
Ideal participants are:
- Implementation Consultants.
- Advanced Security-Centric Administrators.
- Security Engineers.
To be successful in this course, you should have:
- Completed Okta Essentials or minimally have one year of Okta administration.experience.
- Networking, DNS, SSL experience.
- Experience with legacy on-premises application authentication a plus, including:
- Kerberos IWA.
- EBS, PeopleSoft.
- Students use their own computers.
- Okta provides access to an Okta tenant + virtual machines to complete the labs.
- Note: This content is also available in on-demand format as part of the Okta Premier Learning Pass subscriptions.
Looking for a course outline? Click HERE to view the Course Datasheet.
For current seat availability, please click on the Register Now button below.