Smart Start – Silver
Statement of Work
This Statement of Work constitutes Okta Confidential Information and is intended for the internal use of Okta Customers only to evaluate the Statement of Work and may not be duplicated, used or distributed externally or reproduced for external distribution in any form without express written permission of Okta, Inc.
Copyright (c) 2021 Okta, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
1. Project Summary
This Statement of Work (“SOW”) is issued under and subject to the terms and conditions of the Master Subscription Agreement entered into between the parties (“Agreement”).
Smart Start Services “Professional Services” are based on Okta’s practices for rapidly integrating Okta with Customer’s applications for Single Sign On using Okta Integration Network (“OIN”) connectors or template based application integration wizard. Okta Professional Services will work collaboratively with Customer’s team in a series of virtual technical workshop sessions, or working sessions, in order to assist with implementation.
2. Project Scope
The following activities shall be within the scope of this SOW:
- Project kick off
- Six (6) two-hour technical working sessions delivered over a four (4) week time frame.
PROJECT KICK OFF
- Okta project manager and technical consultant will meet with the Customer project team to discuss Customer prerequisites and requirements.
- Okta project manager and Customer project team will schedule technical working sessions with an Okta technical consultant.
- Actively participate in the Kick Off Meeting.
- Collaborate with Okta project manager on creating a high level project schedule, project communication plan, and Kick Off Meeting Agenda.
- Provide required resources for participation: executive sponsor, project sponsor, project manager, and technical resources.
- The Kick Off Meeting will be delivered remotely.
- The project communication plan is focused on the communication of the Okta and Customer implementation efforts and is not the Customer's end user or business user communication plan.
TECHNICAL WORKING SESSIONS
While the Silver Smart Start Service allows for flexibility in activities, the following technical working sessions are based on Okta practices. This list may be adapted for Customer needs and include other activities that can be accomplished within the allotted technical working sessions. Actual activities will be outlined in a mutually agreed upon session plan.
Technical working sessions may include:
- Okta Base Configuration
- Directory (Active Directory or LDAP) Integration
- Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) Configuration
- Application Integrations (Single Sign-On & Lifecycle Management)
To ensure that the Customer receives the greatest value from each working session, Okta requests the following:
- Ensure that working sessions are scheduled and attended by the appropriate resources (Subject Matter Experts “SMEs”: employees, contractors, or third-party) that are relevant to the working session.
- Ensure that the working sessions begin on time and that the resources are available for the duration of the working session.
- Ensure that all information required for the working sessions (pre-work) is prepared in advance of the working session.
- Provide access to any third-party services or service providers as required.
- Provide complete and accurate data for integration with the Okta Service.
- All working sessions are to be scheduled in two (2) hour blocks.
- There will be a maximum of six (6), two (2) hour working sessions.
3. Out of Scope
Not all Okta functionality, or features, are appropriate for this type of Professional Services or potentially require additional Okta technical resources. The following features, functionality and activities are out of scope for this Statement of Work:
- Single Sign-On integrations that do not support an SSO standard like SAML, WS-Fed, or OIDC.
- User Management features not supported within the OIN.
- MFA authenticators or MFA for devices that are not currently supported by Okta.
- API Consulting
- HRMS/HCM “as a source of truth” integration or configuration.
- Integration (Single Sign-On or Lifecycle Management/Provisioning) with on-prem applications (exception: integration of VPN using SAML or RADIUS).
- Customer Identity and Access Management (CIAM)/External Use Cases
- Functionality that is part of Roadmap Beta or Early Adopter Program (EAP).
- Customer staging, end user communication, and change management.
- OKTA Workflows.
- OKTA API Access Management
- OKTA Access Gateway (OAG).
- OKTA Advance Server Access (ASA)
- Device Trust.
- More than two Microsoft® Active Directory Domain or LDAP environments.
4. Fees & Expenses
Customer shall pay Okta the Fees and expenses set forth on the applicable Order Form in accordance with the terms of the Agreement. Actual reasonable and out-of-pocket expenses and taxes are not included herein and will be invoiced separately per the terms of the Agreement.
The Professional Services described in this SOW will be provided on a fixed fee basis.The term of this SOW (“SOW Term”) shall commence on the date the Order Form is fully executed (“Order Form Effective Date”) and shall expire on the earlier of: (a) six (6) months after the Order Form Effective Date, or (b) upon completion of the Project Scope set forth in Section 2. The Professional Services included in this SOW will be available to Customer during a four (4) week period within the SOW Term commencing on the initial Project Kick Off Meeting (as defined above) which may be scheduled after execution of the applicable Order Form . All Professional Services available under this SOW may only be redeemed during the SOW Term. Project delays resulting from Customer’s failure to Cooperate (as defined below) will not extend the SOW Term Okta is not responsible for and shall be relieved of responsibility for performing any Professional Services which have not been completed during the term due to Customer’s failure to Cooperate or failure to schedule such Professional Services in a timely manner. No refunds or credits will be provided for any Professional Services Fees. Fees will be invoiced upon the execution of the Order Form and will be due in accordance with the terms of the Agreement.
Each project begins with a Project Kick Off Meeting to review requirements and to ensure that all stakeholders understand project objectives; identify resources, roles, and responsibilities; identify and mitigate risk; develop a project schedule, and maintain velocity during project execution. As such, Okta and Customer project managers will be responsible for planning, management and execution of a project schedule for Okta resources.
Okta will provide Professional Services during regular business hours (8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.), Monday through Friday, except holidays (''Business Hours'') of the Okta office which is providing the Services. Okta will work remotely based on a mutually agreed plan throughout the execution of this engagement. For technical consultants, remote work shall be scheduled at a minimum of two (2) hours per working session. Customer must cancel any Professional Services scheduled to be provided at least two (2) business days in advance or it will lose the scheduled working session(s) and that particular session will be marked as complete.
6. OKTA Resourcing
The Okta Project team will be assigned and onboarded following execution of Order Form and based on current resource availability. If Okta resources are released from the project due to lack of Customer engagement, we do not guarantee their availability when project activity resumes. As a result, new resources may need to be onboarded at the expense of Customer.
- Main point of contact for Customer
- Schedules and organizes project kick-off.
- Coordinates working sessions in collaboration with Customer Project Manager.
- Tracks / Monitors project progress.
- Manages any issues that arise.
- Mentors and provides Okta knowledge to Customer.
- Leads interaction and collaboration with other Okta teams such as Engineering, Product Management and Support, as needed.
- Performs hands on technical configuration, integration assistance, and troubleshooting of the Okta service and platform during the working sessions.
7. Customer Obligations
General Customer Obligations
The Customer will:
- Remain engaged throughout the duration of the Professional Services by actively participating, providing requested integration information, and otherwise completing its obligations as set forth in this SOW in a timely manner (“Cooperate”).
- Complete the functional and technical analysis and discovery.
- Establish a communication and escalation plan including assigning appropriate resources who are knowledgeable about the technical and business aspects involved in the project including a dedicated project manager.
- Provide access to any third-party services or software, as required.
- Procure services or software and license rights necessary for the Okta Service to integrate to such services or software.
- Pay any service provider costs required to enable SSO on applications that are in scope of this engagement.
- Provide and test all of the necessary remote access by Okta to Customer systems prior to the commencement of the Professional Service.
- Be responsible for all hardware/virtual machines operating system(s), browser(s), commercial application(s), code for custom developed applications, application/web server(s), directory(s), database, network, proxy, and firewall maintenance and security as well as an active backup and recovery strategy as applicable for the aforementioned.
- Provide complete and accurate data for integration with the Okta Service.
- Prepare and manage all corporate communications and training activities to promote greater adoption and higher satisfaction from Users. Sample communication templates may be provided for Customer use.
General Project Assumptions
- Any service or activity not specifically included in this SOW is not included in the scope of this engagement.
- Okta and Customer will work together in good faith to resolve any issues quickly.
- Scheduling for the Professional Services to be performed are based upon a first come first serve basis and will be mutually agreed upon by the parties prior to the commencement of the Professional Services hereunder.
- Okta will follow independent software vendor guidelines for supported and deprecated versions of a product.
- The Professional Services will be conducted remotely.
- There could be a maximum of two (2) ad hoc email requests / discussions outside a working session if required. If Okta determines these requests/emails require more than 30-minutes, it will be considered as a working session.