You successfully configured federated access (SSO) to your custom apps and sites with OpenID Connect. Now you’re ready to apply internet-grade security standards to secure your resource APIs.
You MUST have taken the course SSO Enable Custom Apps and Sites with OIDC, or have equivalent skills, before taking this course.
This course is perfect for Architects and Developers who are familiar with using Okta REST APIs, Widgets, and SDKs to and want to expand their knowledge to customer identity management scenarios.
Participants will learn how to:
- Securely protect custom REST APIs with Okta API Access Management and OAuth.
- Take the use of OAuth in the enterprise from theory to practice.
- Understand OAuth actors and flows and when to use them.
- Set up custom Authorization Servers to design custom Access Tokens for your services.
- Configure Access Policies to protect your APIs.
- Integrate API Access Management with Universal Directory to build adaptive access for your APIs.
- Protect your own public services incorporating consent, authentication and authorization, developer registration, and application declaration.
- Understand best practices and troubleshoot common problems.
- Students use their own computers.
- Okta provides access to an Okta tenant + virtual machine to complete the labs.
- Note: This content is also available in on-demand format as part of the Okta Premier Learning Pass subscriptions.
Mandatory Pre-requisite: You must complete the SSO Enable Custom Apps and Sites with OIDC 1-day course BEFORE you can attend this course, or have equivalent skills. Register here before registering for this course.
Note these two courses are often scheduled together, but you do not have to take them back to back. As long as you attend the OIDC course first, you can attend this OAuth course.
View the Course Datasheet for the course outline.
For current seat availability, please click on the Register Now button below.