Okta Integration Network
Amazon Chime SCIM Provisioning
Amazon Chime is a communications service that lets you meet, chat, and place business calls inside and outside your organization, all using a single application. With Amazon Chime, you have the flexibility to choose the features that you need for online meetings, video conferencing, and business calling, and pay only when you use them.
Amazon Chime Voice Connector is a service that carries your voice traffic over the internet and elastically scales to meet your capacity needs. This lets you save money by eliminating fixed telephone network costs and simplifies your voice network administration by transitioning it to the AWS Cloud.
Choose how you communicate
Amazon Chime lets you choose the communication options that are best suited for your business. You have the option to choose from meetings, chat, and business calling or use Voice Connector to direct your voice traffic over the internet. With Chime, you have the flexibility to choose the communication option that fits with your business needs, and the freedom to scale up or down as needed.
Use one app for all your communication
Amazon Chime lets you meet, chat, and place business phone calls with a single, secure application. You don’t need to switch between applications to collaborate and can instantly go from a chat to a call, share your screen, and even invite more people to join your meeting. When it’s time for your meeting, Amazon Chime will call you on all your devices to ensure you are never late and your meetings start on time.
Pay only for what you use
Amazon Chime offers pay-per-use pricing which lets you pay for features you use, on the days that you use them. With pay-per-use pricing there’s no upfront investment or long-term contracts. You can switch between Basic features that don’t include a charge, and Pro features that do include a charge. You can use the right features for your business without worrying about overspending.
• Simplified join experience: Join with a simple tap, and avoid the need for lengthy passcodes, or choose “Running Late” to let everyone know they’re running behind schedule.
• Join Meetings with Alexa: You can simply say “Alexa, start my meeting”, and Alexa gets your meeting started. Learn more about Alexa for Business
• Amazon Chime call me: With Amazon Chime call me, you simply enter your phone number in the web application and answer the incoming call to join a meeting.
• Dial-in: Amazon Chime offers dial-in numbers in over 70 countries and low per minute rates.
• Personalized meeting links: Create and use personalized meeting URLs for your online meetings.
• Record your meetings: Amazon Chime allows you to record your meetings.
• Screen share: You can share your screen or present information, without requesting permission. You can also allow remote control of a screen share for richer collaboration.
• Conference room video systems: Amazon Chime supports most Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) and H.323 video conferencing systems, and meeting participants can join meetings by simply entering the meeting ID into the device console.
• Video conferencing: You can use high-quality wideband audio and high-definition video conferencing for up to 16 people on your desktop, or 8 people on mobile devices.
• High quality audio and HD video: Amazon Chime uses noise-cancelling wideband technology and High-definition video.
• Visual roster: The visual roster lets you see who has joined or declined the meeting, is running late, currently speaking, and lets you see where background noise is coming from so you mute that line.
• Easy to schedule: Use your Outlook calendar, or add [email protected] to your meeting invite.
• Smart Presence: Amazon Chime uses smart presence to indicate your status, where green means you’re available, and red means you’re busy. You can also manually set your presence to indicate that you’re not available, or hide your presence status entirely.
• Incoming Web Hooks: Developers can configure their applications to use incoming webhooks to post messages into Amazon Chime chat rooms as soon as application updates occur.
• Built on AWS Cloud: Amazon Chime is an AWS service, which means you benefit from a data center and network architecture built to meet the requirements of the most security-sensitive organizations. In addition, Amazon Chime features security capabilities built directly into the service.
• Encryption: Messages, voice, video, and content are encrypted using AES 256-bit encryption.
• AWS CoudTrail Integration: You can log, continuously monitor, and record account activity related to actions taken in the Amazon Chime console, using AWS CloudTrail.
• Single Sign On: Use Active Directory or SSO to authenticate and manage users. Users can use existing credentials to log in to Amazon Chime.
- OIDC OpenID Connect is an extension to the OAuth standard that provides for exchanging Authentication data between an identity provider (IdP) and a service provider (SP) and does not require credentials to be passed from the Identity Provider to the application.
- SAML Security Assertion Markup Language is an open standard for exchanging authentication and authorization data between an identity provider (IdP) and a service provider (SP) that does not require credentials to be passed to the service provider.
- SWA Secure Web Authentication is a Single Sign On (SSO) system developed by Okta to provide SSO for apps that don't support proprietary federated sign-on methods, SAML or OIDC.
- Create Creates or links a user in the application when assigning the app to a user in Okta.
- Update Okta updates a user's attributes in the app when the app is assigned. Future attribute changes made to the Okta user profile will automatically overwrite the corresponding attribute value in the app.
- Deactivate Deactivates a user's account in the app when it is unassigned in Okta or their Okta account is deactivated. Accounts can be reactivated if the app is reassigned to a user in Okta.
- Sync Password Push either the users Okta password or a randomly generated password to the app. This feature is not required for all federated applications as user authentication takes place in Okta, however some apps still require a password.
- Group Push Push existing Okta groups and their memberships to the application. Groups can then be managed in Okta and changes are reflected in the application.
- Group Linking Link Okta groups to existing groups in the application. Simplifies onboarding an app for Okta provisioning where the app already has groups configured.
- Schema Discovery Import the user attribute schema from the application and reflect it in the Okta app user profile. Allows Okta to use custom attributes you have configured in the application that were not included in the basic app schema.
- Attribute Mastering The application can be defined as the source of truth for a full user profile or as the source of truth for specific attributes on a user profile.
- Attribute Writeback When the application is used as a profile master it is possible to define specific attributes to be sourced from another location and written back to the app. For example the user profile may come from Active Directory with phone number sourced from another app and written back to Active Directory.