Cisco WebEx Meeting Center
Cisco Webex Meetings is the leader in video conferencing, webinars, web conferencing and online meetings allowing you to meet and screen share from anywhere
- Users need to collaborate efficiently, whether working from an office or remotely
- Users often prefer to work from their own mobile devices and home desktops
- Enterprises need to enable this behavior while keeping network assets safe
Okta + Cisco Webex simplifies secure access via SSO, secured by Adaptive MFA
Okta Universal Directory automates user and group management
Integrated voice, video, and mobility services support advanced collaboration
Team workspaces are secured by safe, end-to-end message encryption
Simplify Webex access
Okta’s SSO lets end users safely access their favored Cisco collaboration tools using their existing corporate credentials—no multiple passwords to remember—on any device, from anywhere.
Provide easy collaboration and security
Webex enables seamless, continuous next-gen teamwork for users in multiple locations with video meetings, group messaging, file sharing and whiteboarding. Layer on user-friendly security via Okta Adaptive MFA.
Automate user and group management
Okta’s Universal Directory lets IT effectively manage user stores in the cloud. IT managers can automatically provision, update, and deprovision Webex accounts without manual changes in Active Directory/LDAP.
Boost productivity Enterprises integrating Okta with Webex realize a 25% gain in user productivity, and new users see a 50% gain in productivity, thanks to Okta Universal Directory.*
Deliver next-generation enterprise collaboration
- Keep your workforce productive with easy remote access from any device
- Arm them with enterprise-class collaboration tools available whenever/wherever
- Create a secure collaboration environment that’s low-touch for IT
*Source: Forrester Research; Making the Business Case for Identity and Access Management, and Okta; Customer Analysis of IT Savings and Productivity Benefits
Add this integration to enable authentication and provisioning capabilities.
- Event Hooks
- Inbound Federation
- Inline Hooks
- Outbound Federation
- SAML Security Assertion Markup Language is an open standard for exchanging authentication and authorization data between an identity provider (IdP) and a service provider (SP) that does not require credentials to be passed to the service provider.
- Workflow Templates
- Workflows Connectors
- SWA Secure Web Authentication is a Single Sign On (SSO) system developed by Okta to provide SSO for apps that don't support proprietary federated sign-on methods, SAML or OIDC.
- OIDC OpenID Connect is an extension to the OAuth standard that provides for exchanging Authentication data between an identity provider (IdP) and a service provider (SP) and does not require credentials to be passed from the Identity Provider to the application.
- Create Creates or links a user in the application when assigning the app to a user in Okta.
- Update Okta updates a user's attributes in the app when the app is assigned. Future attribute changes made to the Okta user profile will automatically overwrite the corresponding attribute value in the app.
- Deactivate Deactivates a user's account in the app when it is unassigned in Okta or their Okta account is deactivated. Accounts can be reactivated if the app is reassigned to a user in Okta.
- Attribute Sourcing The application can be defined as the source of truth for a full user profile or as the source of truth for specific attributes on a user profile.
- Sync Password Push either the users Okta password or a randomly generated password to the app. This feature is not required for all federated applications as user authentication takes place in Okta, however some apps still require a password.
- Group Push Push existing Okta groups and their memberships to the application. Groups can then be managed in Okta and changes are reflected in the application.
- Group Linking Link Okta groups to existing groups in the application. Simplifies onboarding an app for Okta provisioning where the app already has groups configured.
- Schema Discovery Import the user attribute schema from the application and reflect it in the Okta app user profile. Allows Okta to use custom attributes you have configured in the application that were not included in the basic app schema.
- Attribute Writeback When the application is used as a profile master it is possible to define specific attributes to be sourced from another location and written back to the app. For example the user profile may come from Active Directory with phone number sourced from another app and written back to Active Directory.
Here is a section all about documentation, integration, and implementation.
Okta + Cisco Webex: Productive, Secure CollaborationRead it