Okta Integration Network
Cloudways is a managed hosting provider that emphasizes performance and simplicity. From the simple server and application launch to the ongoing server maintenance, Cloudways takes away all the hassles of server management so that you can continue to focus on growing your business.
When you join Cloudways, you get a powerful managed environment for your ecommerce stores and business websites. The core USP of Cloudways is choice - the choice of cloud providers, the choice of hosting almost every PHP powered application, the choice of using a paid or free SSL and the choice of developer and agency-focused workflows.
The ideas of choice and freedom to focus on what’s important to the users start right from the moment of server & application launch. With the choice of five IaaS providers (AWS, GCE, DigitalOcean, Vultr, and Linode) and multiple versions of popular applications (including four flavors of WordPress and two of Magento), the users can configure the Cloudways platform to fit their operational requirements and business processes.
The theme continues throughout the platform where users can deploy almost 50+ server and application management operations in a few clicks.
So whether you are an online store, an agency or a freelance developer with several clients, Cloudways offers the perfect mix of features that help you achieve more out of the managed hosting solution for your business websites and client projects.
- OIDC OpenID Connect is an extension to the OAuth standard that provides for exchanging Authentication data between an identity provider (IdP) and a service provider (SP) and does not require credentials to be passed from the Identity Provider to the application.
- SAML Security Assertion Markup Language is an open standard for exchanging authentication and authorization data between an identity provider (IdP) and a service provider (SP) that does not require credentials to be passed to the service provider.
- SWA Secure Web Authentication is a Single Sign On (SSO) system developed by Okta to provide SSO for apps that don't support proprietary federated sign-on methods, SAML or OIDC.
- Create Creates or links a user in the application when assigning the app to a user in Okta.
- Update Okta updates a user's attributes in the app when the app is assigned. Future attribute changes made to the Okta user profile will automatically overwrite the corresponding attribute value in the app.
- Deactivate Deactivates a user's account in the app when it is unassigned in Okta or their Okta account is deactivated. Accounts can be reactivated if the app is reassigned to a user in Okta.
- Sync Password Push either the users Okta password or a randomly generated password to the app. This feature is not required for all federated applications as user authentication takes place in Okta, however some apps still require a password.
- Group Push Push existing Okta groups and their memberships to the application. Groups can then be managed in Okta and changes are reflected in the application.
- Group Linking Link Okta groups to existing groups in the application. Simplifies onboarding an app for Okta provisioning where the app already has groups configured.
- Schema Discovery Import the user attribute schema from the application and reflect it in the Okta app user profile. Allows Okta to use custom attributes you have configured in the application that were not included in the basic app schema.
- Attribute Mastering The application can be defined as the source of truth for a full user profile or as the source of truth for specific attributes on a user profile.
- Attribute Writeback When the application is used as a profile master it is possible to define specific attributes to be sourced from another location and written back to the app. For example the user profile may come from Active Directory with phone number sourced from another app and written back to Active Directory.