Okta Integration Network
OC Tanner AppreciateHub
O.C. Tanner is the global leader in software and services that enhance workplace culture through powerful employee experiences. Our Culture Cloud suite of employee recognition, service award, and other culture-building solutions helps more than 13 million people around the world thrive at work. Thousands of top companies trust O.C. Tanner to connect their people to purpose, accomplishment, and one another.
Culture Cloud Recognition checks every box on your wish list and more. Go mobile with the world’s best-rated recognition app. Go global, unify programs, and consolidate budgets with our central, customizable platform. Recognize early and often with plug-ins that enable recognition in everyday apps like email. Include everyone with our user-friendly social wall, nominations, approvals, and presentation tools. Broadcast success on TV monitors and your intranet. Build connections with Yearbook, the collaborative service award experience pioneered by O.C. Tanner. Inform and inspire with built-in educational tools. Add variety, and improve experiences with next generation awards including adventures, cool tech, gift cards, brand name merchandise, custom symbols of achievement, concerts, events, and charitable giving. Boost security, upgrade analytics, and manage with ease with industry-leading admin tools and dashboards. Share data with APIs that connect to other HRIS systems. And get ROI with the most results-oriented team of experts on the planet.
- OIDC OpenID Connect is an extension to the OAuth standard that provides for exchanging Authentication data between an identity provider (IdP) and a service provider (SP) and does not require credentials to be passed from the Identity Provider to the application.
- SAML Security Assertion Markup Language is an open standard for exchanging authentication and authorization data between an identity provider (IdP) and a service provider (SP) that does not require credentials to be passed to the service provider.
- SWA Secure Web Authentication is a Single Sign On (SSO) system developed by Okta to provide SSO for apps that don't support proprietary federated sign-on methods, SAML or OIDC.
- Create Creates or links a user in the application when assigning the app to a user in Okta.
- Update Okta updates a user's attributes in the app when the app is assigned. Future attribute changes made to the Okta user profile will automatically overwrite the corresponding attribute value in the app.
- Deactivate Deactivates a user's account in the app when it is unassigned in Okta or their Okta account is deactivated. Accounts can be reactivated if the app is reassigned to a user in Okta.
- Sync Password Push either the users Okta password or a randomly generated password to the app. This feature is not required for all federated applications as user authentication takes place in Okta, however some apps still require a password.
- Group Push Push existing Okta groups and their memberships to the application. Groups can then be managed in Okta and changes are reflected in the application.
- Group Linking Link Okta groups to existing groups in the application. Simplifies onboarding an app for Okta provisioning where the app already has groups configured.
- Schema Discovery Import the user attribute schema from the application and reflect it in the Okta app user profile. Allows Okta to use custom attributes you have configured in the application that were not included in the basic app schema.
- Attribute Mastering The application can be defined as the source of truth for a full user profile or as the source of truth for specific attributes on a user profile.
- Attribute Writeback When the application is used as a profile master it is possible to define specific attributes to be sourced from another location and written back to the app. For example the user profile may come from Active Directory with phone number sourced from another app and written back to Active Directory.