Add user sign up to your apps and manage customer identities at scale via APIs or from Okta's user-friendly admin console.
Friction during registration impedes application adoption. On average the cost of a password reset by help desk is $70.
Easily manage customer profiles
Unify access policy assignment, group membership definition and security policy enforcement.
Highly scalable cloud-based user store to manage all your users, groups and devices, mastered in Okta or from any number of sources.
- Cloud-based user store scales effortless with the growth of your application
- Serves as a single location for all types of user accounts, including AD/LDAP or external resources
- Import users from various sources and assigned access to them in a single admin console
- Use groups, group rules and policies to assign partners access to your resources
Okta Expression Language
Expressions allow you to reference, transform and combine attributes before you store them on a user profile or before passing them to an application for authentication or provisioning.
Take attributes from the profile schema of one application and easily map them to attributes for an application with a different schema.
Create frictionless registration experiences
Build using Okta's APIs or out-of-box workflows.
Registration Inline Hook
Extend Self-Service Registration with external custom logic or 3rd party services to modify and validate profiles before completing registration.
Incrementally build customer profiles over the customer’s lifetime by adding progressive profiling for required and optional attributes.
Event Hooks allow you to be notified of certain events within Okta so you can more tightly integrate with or kickoff processes in downstream technologies. Potential customizations made possible by Event Hooks include:
- Push newly registered user into the rest of your marketing technology stack, including email marketing systems, analytics, CRM, data warehouse, etc.
- After a user registers in Okta, complete the account creation process across backend systems
- Sync user profile updates into downstream data stores
- Upon user deletion in Okta, begin the process of deleting user data in other related systems
Effortlessly migrate large scale user stores
Seamlessly migrate large scale legacy deployments into a modern cloud infrastructure.
Inline Import Hook
Easily migrate customer profile data from existing user stores with customizable data clean up and profile enrichment. Combine data from multiple sources into Okta’s centralized Universal Directory.
Import matching rules
Define policies to selectively import users from external directories. Matching rules makes the creation of users easy and fast. With the rules in place there is no need to manually confirm users, simply let the rules complete their processing.