Okta Integration Network
Aimsio is a cloud-based field service management solution for businesses of all sizes. It offers contact management, billing and invoicing, inventory management, scheduling and dispatch and work order management.
Aimsio offers a platform that allows businesses to plan, manage and then dispatch resources such as equipment and crew to a project. Users can complete electronic field tickets, purchase orders and forms in the field and track project progress in real time. All data and workflows are also available offline to enable work in areas without internet connection. Users can also geographically tag and visualize where operations take place.
Aimsio checks that safety compliance is reviewed before employees are assigned to work sites, and it also tracks certificate expiry and trainings. All compliance and safety records are stored in one central place to ensure audit readiness. The solution is available on a monthly subscription basis.
Aimsio software has 9 different modules, each designed to ease the pain points associated with managing field operations. Information on each of the modules can be found here. A brief list of them is below:
- Visual Dashboards
- Workflows (jobs, tickets, forms)
- Job Board (dispatching)
- Project Tracking
- Compliance and HSE
- Third Party Software Integration
- Other modules unique to your business
Aimsio software is an all-in-one solutions and is easy to use. There is zero IT overhead meaning it is inexpensive to maintain and can be easily updated. It integrates seamlessly with third party software such as Quickbooks. There is even an offline capability for when users don't have connectivity.
- OIDC OpenID Connect is an extension to the OAuth standard that provides for exchanging Authentication data between an identity provider (IdP) and a service provider (SP) and does not require credentials to be passed from the Identity Provider to the application.
- SAML Security Assertion Markup Language is an open standard for exchanging authentication and authorization data between an identity provider (IdP) and a service provider (SP) that does not require credentials to be passed to the service provider.
- SWA Secure Web Authentication is a Single Sign On (SSO) system developed by Okta to provide SSO for apps that don't support proprietary federated sign-on methods, SAML or OIDC.
- Create Creates or links a user in the application when assigning the app to a user in Okta.
- Update Okta updates a user's attributes in the app when the app is assigned. Future attribute changes made to the Okta user profile will automatically overwrite the corresponding attribute value in the app.
- Deactivate Deactivates a user's account in the app when it is unassigned in Okta or their Okta account is deactivated. Accounts can be reactivated if the app is reassigned to a user in Okta.
- Sync Password Push either the users Okta password or a randomly generated password to the app. This feature is not required for all federated applications as user authentication takes place in Okta, however some apps still require a password.
- Group Push Push existing Okta groups and their memberships to the application. Groups can then be managed in Okta and changes are reflected in the application.
- Group Linking Link Okta groups to existing groups in the application. Simplifies onboarding an app for Okta provisioning where the app already has groups configured.
- Schema Discovery Import the user attribute schema from the application and reflect it in the Okta app user profile. Allows Okta to use custom attributes you have configured in the application that were not included in the basic app schema.
- Attribute Mastering The application can be defined as the source of truth for a full user profile or as the source of truth for specific attributes on a user profile.
- Attribute Writeback When the application is used as a profile master it is possible to define specific attributes to be sourced from another location and written back to the app. For example the user profile may come from Active Directory with phone number sourced from another app and written back to Active Directory.