Integration detailFree trial with Okta + Add Integration
Securely deploy and manage collaborative content for your entire company
Box is a modern content management platform for companies of all sizes and industries. Box combines the security and control that administrators need along with the sharing and collaboration capabilities that your end users want. No more password reset problems, orphaned accounts, or issues syncing user profiles. Use Box to sync, share, and collaborate on all types of files - anywhere, at any time, and on any device.
You can choose where to store your data, manage your own encryption keys, and set workflows to automate content-based processes. You can also assign custom metadata tags to content, watermark your sensitive content, and set policies for file retention or legal holds. Today, more than 43 million users and 62,000 businesses - including 59% of the Fortune 500 - trust Box to manage their content in the cloud.
Box's partnership with Okta allows you to quickly deploy Box across your entire organization and greatly increase your end user adoption.
Add this integration to enable authentication and provisioning capabilities.
- Event Hooks
- Inbound Federation
- Inline Hooks
- Outbound Federation
- SAML Security Assertion Markup Language is an open standard for exchanging authentication and authorization data between an identity provider (IdP) and a service provider (SP) that does not require credentials to be passed to the service provider.
- Workflow Templates
- Workflows Connectors
- SWA Secure Web Authentication is a Single Sign On (SSO) system developed by Okta to provide SSO for apps that don't support proprietary federated sign-on methods, SAML or OIDC.
- OIDC OpenID Connect is an extension to the OAuth standard that provides for exchanging Authentication data between an identity provider (IdP) and a service provider (SP) and does not require credentials to be passed from the Identity Provider to the application.
- Create Creates or links a user in the application when assigning the app to a user in Okta.
- Update Okta updates a user's attributes in the app when the app is assigned. Future attribute changes made to the Okta user profile will automatically overwrite the corresponding attribute value in the app.
- Attribute Sourcing The application can be defined as the source of truth for a full user profile or as the source of truth for specific attributes on a user profile.
- Deactivate Deactivates a user's account in the app when it is unassigned in Okta or their Okta account is deactivated. Accounts can be reactivated if the app is reassigned to a user in Okta.
- Sync Password Push either the users Okta password or a randomly generated password to the app. This feature is not required for all federated applications as user authentication takes place in Okta, however some apps still require a password.
- Group Push Push existing Okta groups and their memberships to the application. Groups can then be managed in Okta and changes are reflected in the application.
- Group Linking Link Okta groups to existing groups in the application. Simplifies onboarding an app for Okta provisioning where the app already has groups configured.
- Schema Discovery Import the user attribute schema from the application and reflect it in the Okta app user profile. Allows Okta to use custom attributes you have configured in the application that were not included in the basic app schema.
- Attribute Writeback When the application is used as a profile master it is possible to define specific attributes to be sourced from another location and written back to the app. For example the user profile may come from Active Directory with phone number sourced from another app and written back to Active Directory.
Here is a section all about documentation, integration, and implementation.
Box Connector actions
- Custom API Action
- Remove User from Group
- Delete Folder
- Get User
- Get User's Group Membership
- Search Users
- Create Personal Box Folder
- Update User's Group Membership
- List Group's Members
- Update User
- Create User
- Delete User
- Reactivate User
- Delete File
- List User's Groups
- Deactivate User
- Add User to Group
- Transfer User Folders
Reassign Files while Deprovisioning with Box