Okta + Distil Networks work together to provide two complementary levels of best-in-class security to protect against malicious bots. Incoming login attempts first reach the bot detector for analysis, and malicious bot-based traffic is mitigated before it reaches your websites, mobile apps, and APIs. For fine-tuning analysis, Distil Networks can respond to suspicious requests with a captcha. Remaining login traffic continues to Okta’s identity cloud for secure authentication, granting smooth access to legitimate users and turning bad actors away at the door with multi-factor authentication.
- Malicious bot attacks can paralyze your websites, mobile apps, and APIs, overwhelming servers and security defense with millions of fraudulent login attempts
- If they get through, these bots can create fraudulent transactions, scrape your site for competitive advantage, or break into customer accounts
- These widespread and increasingly sophisticated automated attacks now account for the vast majority of login attempts, presenting an ever-evolving challenge for security teams
Okta + Distil Networks work together to provide two complementary levels of best-in-class security to protect against malicious bots
Incoming login attempts first reach the bot detector for analysis, and malicious bot-based traffic is rejected before it reaches your websites, mobile apps, and APIs
For fine-tuning analysis, Distil can respond to suspicious requests with a captcha
Remaining login traffic continues to Okta’s best-in-breed identity cloud for secure authentication, granting smooth access to legitimate users and turning bad actors away at the door with multi-factor authentication
Secure your resources against evolving, automated attacks
Bot attacks are behind a lot of different kinds of malicious behavior, with new threats developing every day. Distil’s machine-learning solution relentlessly targets these advanced persistent bots as they evolve, using techniques like applying digital fingerprints to keep track of bots trying to appear human by hiding behind proxy servers and random IP addresses. As an additional layer of security, Okta’s authentication solution, Contextual Access Management and Adaptive Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA), evaluates the filtered login traffic and grants (or blocks) user access based on contextual policies.
Protect your end users from account takeover
Using either brute-force/dictionary attacks or credential breaches from another site, some malicious bots are designed to take over existing accounts to steal customer information or conduct fraud using stolen credit cards to buy online products. Other bots are designed to hijack the integrity of online services by creating synthetic/fake identities. By delivering a captcha challenge to suspected bots, Distil keeps malicious actors locked out of the application; remaining login traffic then proceeds to Okta, where contextual risk policies and flexible assurance factors gives product security teams intelligent protection against account takeover, without burdening legitimate end users.
Guard valuable data in any industry, including those most at risk
Malicious, automated visitors to online services can commit transaction fraud and takeover accounts, endangering the overall security of your website, customer base, and brand. In addition, for organizations in ecommerce, travel, and airline industries, automated bot attacks can slow down your web infrastructure, creating a bad experience for legitimate customers and causing them to turn elsewhere to make purchases. For businesses in any industry, especially those with a lot to lose from malicious bots, Distil Networks offers a first layer of defense, filtering out unwanted bot traffic and forwarding legitimate login traffic to Okta. Okta authenticates remaining traffic as a second layer of defense (including Adaptive Multi-factor Authentication), giving you extra protection to prevent unauthorized access to your sites and applications.
Keep automated attacks at bay, and keep your websites, applications, and APIs seamlessly secure
- Automatically evaluate incoming traffic and reject fraudulent bots before they get a chance to enter your system, then utilize Okta’s authentication solutions to keep users and accounts safe
- Protect against account takeover, payment fraud, data scraping, and other negative bot-driven attacks
- Reduce the costs of fraud and customer support, while smoothing the login experience for your authorized end users and developers