MindTouch offers enterprise-grade, AI-powered knowledge management solutions for mid-size organizations and large global enterprises that want to increase customer lifetime value. MindTouch serves millions of users worldwide. It was founded in 2005 and is headquartered in San Diego, California.
The company’s knowledge management platform was designed to dynamically serve up relevant content wherever the customer journey starts or ends for a more consistent, personalized and effortless experience.
MindTouch offers solutions for customer self-service, agent assistance and departmental knowledge. These solutions give organizations everything they need to quickly and easily capture, manage, extend, update and optimize knowledge across touchpoints, channels and devices.
MindTouch functionality includes Google-optimized content, intelligent search capabilities, and personalization/permissioning to ensure a low-effort customer experience. Functionality also includes extensibility into multiple channels such as web properties, support ticket forms, community sites, chatbots, and more. The platform also includes pre-built integrations to popular CRM and contact center systems.
MindTouch built its platform using highly scalable microservices and serverless technologies to handle the largest volume of content without performance degradation.
The company’s services include implementation, project management, education/training, and KCS best practices and certification. Customers also receive 24/7 support and a dedicated customer success manager to ensure fast deployment and maximum ROI.
- OIDC OpenID Connect is an extension to the OAuth standard that provides for exchanging Authentication data between an identity provider (IdP) and a service provider (SP) and does not require credentials to be passed from the Identity Provider to the application.
- SAML Security Assertion Markup Language is an open standard for exchanging authentication and authorization data between an identity provider (IdP) and a service provider (SP) that does not require credentials to be passed to the service provider.
- SWA Secure Web Authentication is a Single Sign On (SSO) system developed by Okta to provide SSO for apps that don't support proprietary federated sign-on methods, SAML or OIDC.
- Attribute Sourcing
- Create Creates or links a user in the application when assigning the app to a user in Okta.
- Update Okta updates a user's attributes in the app when the app is assigned. Future attribute changes made to the Okta user profile will automatically overwrite the corresponding attribute value in the app.
- Deactivate Deactivates a user's account in the app when it is unassigned in Okta or their Okta account is deactivated. Accounts can be reactivated if the app is reassigned to a user in Okta.
- Sync Password Push either the users Okta password or a randomly generated password to the app. This feature is not required for all federated applications as user authentication takes place in Okta, however some apps still require a password.
- Group Push Push existing Okta groups and their memberships to the application. Groups can then be managed in Okta and changes are reflected in the application.
- Group Linking Link Okta groups to existing groups in the application. Simplifies onboarding an app for Okta provisioning where the app already has groups configured.
- Schema Discovery Import the user attribute schema from the application and reflect it in the Okta app user profile. Allows Okta to use custom attributes you have configured in the application that were not included in the basic app schema.
- Attribute Mastering The application can be defined as the source of truth for a full user profile or as the source of truth for specific attributes on a user profile.
- Attribute Writeback When the application is used as a profile master it is possible to define specific attributes to be sourced from another location and written back to the app. For example the user profile may come from Active Directory with phone number sourced from another app and written back to Active Directory.