Prey is a software and online platform for mobile device tracking, management, and data protection available for laptops, tablets, and mobiles. It offers a range of services for both personal and corporate use. The software and service are developed by the Chilean company Prey Inc., the successor of the funding company Fork Ltd.
The Prey service is the property of Prey Inc., a small software company that operates in Chile and San Francisco. To this day, Prey has over 7.000.000 users and protects more than 8.800.000 devices in over 230 countries around the world. The service can be accessed for free, with the basic protection plan, or in its paid alternative that adds extensive features. The latter offers data protection tools for personal users, and a device fleet management suite for enterprises, schools, and non-profit organizations.
WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH PREY?
• Advanced Tracking
Follow a fleet’s movements globally, track their locations in time, and delimit Control Zones to detect and react to unwanted area exits or entries.
• Reactive Security:
Create automatic triggers for when theft or movement is detected, and use anti-theft tools to block and track your organization’s assets. Recover key files, wipe or lock-down the rest, and gather evidence.
• Simplified Management:
Assign devices to employees, easily group them by usage, hardware, or area, and keep track of any hardware changes or odd behaviors like devices that have been offline for a while.
• Evidence-based Recoveries:
When a device is missing, Prey will gather evidence that's crucial for recovery, and deliver it to you in periodic reports that can aid the police's work.
FEATURES BY CATEGORY.
TRACKING AND LOCATION
• GPS, Wifi Triangulation, and GeoIP Tracking
• Control Zones (Geofencing)
• Global Device View
• Location History
• Remote Screen Lock
• Message Alert
• Anti-mute Alarm
• Control Zone Actions (Movement-triggered actions)
• Remote Wipe
• File Retrieval
• Scheduled Automations
• Mass Actions
• Enterprise Inventory
• Custom Labels and Search
• Fleet Status Dashboard
• Custom Deployments
MISSING EVIDENCE REPORTS
• Pictures and Screenshots
• Active and Nearby WiFis
• Coordinates and Map
• Device Information
• Mac Address and IP
WHY COMPANIES CHOOSE PREY
:heavy_check_mark: It unifies and monitors your whole fleet seamlessly.
Organize your laptops, tablets, and mobiles in groups and follow their status and position globally. Control Zones will help detect unwanted movements that can be reviewed in time.
:heavy_check_mark: It adds an extra layer of data privacy compliance.
Make sure your fleet is ready to protect its data safety compliance against incidents that may put legally bound private data at risk using the platform’s custom wipe and file retrieval tools.
:heavy_check_mark: It reacts automatically and gathers evidence.
Configure automatic reactions upon movement detection to deter theft, and gather evidence to identify the thief. Or set up timed actions, like curfew locks to avoid usage out of office hours.
- OIDC OpenID Connect is an extension to the OAuth standard that provides for exchanging Authentication data between an identity provider (IdP) and a service provider (SP) and does not require credentials to be passed from the Identity Provider to the application.
- SAML Security Assertion Markup Language is an open standard for exchanging authentication and authorization data between an identity provider (IdP) and a service provider (SP) that does not require credentials to be passed to the service provider.
- SWA Secure Web Authentication is a Single Sign On (SSO) system developed by Okta to provide SSO for apps that don't support proprietary federated sign-on methods, SAML or OIDC.
- Create Creates or links a user in the application when assigning the app to a user in Okta.
- Update Okta updates a user's attributes in the app when the app is assigned. Future attribute changes made to the Okta user profile will automatically overwrite the corresponding attribute value in the app.
- Deactivate Deactivates a user's account in the app when it is unassigned in Okta or their Okta account is deactivated. Accounts can be reactivated if the app is reassigned to a user in Okta.
- Sync Password Push either the users Okta password or a randomly generated password to the app. This feature is not required for all federated applications as user authentication takes place in Okta, however some apps still require a password.
- Group Push Push existing Okta groups and their memberships to the application. Groups can then be managed in Okta and changes are reflected in the application.
- Group Linking Link Okta groups to existing groups in the application. Simplifies onboarding an app for Okta provisioning where the app already has groups configured.
- Schema Discovery Import the user attribute schema from the application and reflect it in the Okta app user profile. Allows Okta to use custom attributes you have configured in the application that were not included in the basic app schema.
- Attribute Mastering The application can be defined as the source of truth for a full user profile or as the source of truth for specific attributes on a user profile.
- Attribute Writeback When the application is used as a profile master it is possible to define specific attributes to be sourced from another location and written back to the app. For example the user profile may come from Active Directory with phone number sourced from another app and written back to Active Directory.