Frequently Asked Questions
A certification digital badge is a graphical representation of a certification that contains verified data describing the qualifications of the earner and the rigorous process required to attain the certification represented by the badge. Your verified Okta certification digital badges will look identical to our Okta certification logos. However, Okta certification digital badges are personalized and have associated metadata. Click on a certification digital badge above to see the metadata behind that badge.
Never before has finding the right talent been so critical to the success of business initiatives, and this is why Okta is determined to build the best talent ecosystem of Okta experts for our customers and partners. Enabling certification holders to promote their accomplishments and allowing hiring managers to find the right talent they need are crucial steps in building a talent ecosystem.
Representing certifications as badges gives certification holders the ability to broadcast their skills and tell their professional stories online with single-click access to validate their accomplishments. Many employers are learning about digital badges, so curating an online portfolio of one’s certifications will place a person at the forefront of what will become a convenient currency for communicating professional skills.
Communicating certifications in an ever-expanding online marketplace is challenging. This is why Okta has decided to provide certification holders with a free service that allows them to share verified proof of their Okta certifications wherever and whenever they choose. With digital badges, certification holders can now share their Okta certifications across varying online platforms such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and their personal websites and blogs.
With Okta certification digital badges, certification holders can:
- Combine their certifications to form a complete overview of their skills and accomplishments
- Email or display their certifications on social and professional networking sites
- Provide employers with easy, valid verification of their certifications
A digital badge essentially communicates three things to the general public:
- Who achieved the certification
- What that person did to attain certification
- Who said they met the requirements for certification
A certification digital badge:
- Is a verified web-enabled version of a person's Okta certifications
- Provides a more efficient way to share accomplishments with contacts on social media platforms
- Provides labor market insights that link skills to jobs
- Is a trusted method for real-time certification verification
While badges are simply digital image files, they are uniquely linked to data hosted on the Credly platform. The unique link to verified data makes them more reliable and secure than a traditional paper-based/PDF certificate.
If you do not want your certifications to be visible to the public, you can make them private. If you do not want your profile to be visible to the public, you can make it private, too. If you do not want your certifications in the form of badges, you can discard the badges we issue to you. All information regarding your Okta certifications can be configured within your Credly account.