OKTA, INC. TRAINING SERVICES TERMS
Scope. Training Services shall include education products and services offered by Okta, including any materials provided by Okta to Customer, as set forth in the applicable Okta course description or Order Form. As described below, Training Services are each provided for a single, unique named user (“Named Users”). Capitalized terms not otherwise defined herein shall have the meanings given them in the Master Subscription Agreement or similarly-titled agreement for Okta’s products and services (the “Agreement”).
Payment. Customer will pay Okta, or if applicable, Okta’s authorized partner, the Fees, Taxes, and other charges set forth in the applicable course description or Order Form in accordance with the Agreement. Training Services and certification fees are non-cancelable, except as provided herein, and non-refundable.
Training Units. Okta training units are prepaid credits (“Training Units”) that can be used to acquire education products and services offered by Okta, including (a) any public or private class from the Okta Education Services catalog, (b) any published Okta certification exam, or (c) any course or custom training solution as detailed on either an Order Form or a Statement of Work (each an “Okta Training Class”). Training Units cannot be redeemed for any non-training Okta products or services. Training Units must be utilized within 365 days of the start date of the applicable Order Form on which the Training Units were purchased. After such time, any remaining Training Units shall expire and no further credit or refund will be provided for any such expired Training Units. All purchases of Training Units are non-cancelable, non-refundable, and only transferable or assignable in accordance with the Agreement or as otherwise stated herein. Okta reserves the right to change the price of Training Units and to change the quantity of Training Units required to procure a particular Okta Training Class. Such change will apply to any future purchases of Training Units. Training Units already purchased and confirmed registrations for an Okta Training Class will be honored at the original purchase price. Training Units will be suspended if payment is not received per the invoice terms of payment or, as applicable, from the Okta authorized partner which submitted the Order Form for the Training Services. A Government Customer (as defined below) may not purchase Training Units.
Training Access. If not otherwise specified in the course description or Order Form, Training Services are sold on a per attendee or per Named User basis (“Training Access Policy”), regardless of the method by which Training Services are provided (on-demand or instructor-led, or virtual or classroom). Violation of the Training Access Policy may result in access to training courses or online labs being suspended or attendees being ejected from classroom sessions. Associated Training Services Fees will be forfeited, and no refund or credit will be issued. Okta reserves the right to audit the use of Training Services.
• For live instructor-led class attendees. Each Okta Training Services seat is to be used by one individual only. Confirmed attendees are the only people who may attend the class. Sharing the training event link with others, allowing others to look over the attendee's shoulder, recording, or otherwise sharing the class session in any way, is expressly prohibited. Only confirmed attendees will receive and are permitted to use course materials for the specified class.
• For on-demand courses. The on-demand course Fees entitle Customer to timed access to the specific on-demand course purchased. Access duration is defined in the course description. Once access expires, no extensions will be permitted. Expired on-demand courses can be renewed by re-purchasing the curriculum, in which case all learning progress will be preserved for a reasonable period of time. No rescheduling or transfers will be permitted for on-demand training courses or lab environments once activated. Accessing Okta’s on-demand training indicates agreement to these terms.
• For on-demand lab environments. Some education offerings include temporary access to a prescribed training lab environment as further described below, and access duration is as described in the course description or Order Form. Lab access, once activated, cannot be paused and will not be extended. Due to the nature of Okta’s on-demand products and the manner that the course and lab information is delivered to the attendee, each lab is licensed for a single Named User and is not transferable to any other user.
Access to Okta Training Lab Environment. In connection with Okta’s provision of Training Services, Okta may provide Named Users attending Customer and attendees with temporary and limited access to the Okta Free Trial Service and to Non-Okta Applications, solely for such Named Users’ non-commercial use and receipt of Training Services hereunder (“Training Account”). By accessing or using the Training Account, Named Users agree to Okta’s free trial terms. Okta may, in its sole discretion, suspend a Named User’s use of the Training Account without notice. Okta has no obligation to provide any maintenance, support or updates with respect to use of the Training Account. The Training Services shall not include the Okta Service or any other third party subscription service or Non-Okta Application(s), and the Service or any such application(s) shall be licensed pursuant to a separate agreement entered into between Customer and Okta or the applicable provider of such application(s).
Private Classes: Onsite or Virtual. When private Training Services are provided onsite at a Customer location (“Onsite Private Class”), Customer is responsible for providing appropriate training facilities for the Onsite Private Class, including without limitation Internet connectivity, projector, attendee computers and other reasonable classroom amenities. Instructor travel and expenses for the Onsite Private Class shall be paid by Customer and will be invoiced after the Onsite Private Class is completed. For Onsite Private Class rescheduling or cancellation, Customer must provide a minimum of ten (10) business days’ notice by sending an email to [email protected] If Customer cancels less than ten (10) business days in advance, Customer shall be responsible for 100% of the Fees.
Learning Pass. Okta Premier Learning Pass (“Learning Pass”) is a subscription Training Service which grants customers and partners access to prescribed catalogs of training courses and certification exam vouchers. More information about Learning Pass is available at https://bit.ly/oktapremierlearningpass. The access term for each Learning Pass subscription, including certification exam vouchers, is the defined term for the subscription (e.g. 30 days, 90 days, 365 days) even if a user is in the process of taking a course but has not completed it.
• Access. Each Learning Pass is created for one Named User and may not be recorded, copied, or shared in any way. Once activated, Learning Passes are non-extendable unless renewed and non-transferable, except by reassignment, as noted below.
• Reassignment. Learning Passes that have not been activated may be reassigned to another Named User one time during each annual access period by emailing [email protected]
• Exam Vouchers. Certification exam vouchers may not be combined with any other discount; only one voucher may be applied to each online exam registration. Vouchers cannot be extended, replaced, or exchanged for any reason and must be redeemed prior to the expiration of the Learning Pass.
• Instructor-Led Training. In the event that a Learning Pass entitles a user to enroll in virtual or in-person instructor-led classes, all access, reschedule, and cancellation policies described herein apply. Okta will deactivate Learning Pass privileges of any Named User who fails to attend more than 1 instructor-led training class for which such Named User enrolled but did not cancel or reschedule at least 5 business days prior to the class start date.
• Learning Pass Changes. Okta reserves the right to alter the on-demand and instructor-led training, or certification materials and vouchers that are included in Okta Identity Learning Passes. This includes making changes to content, content types, delivery systems and platforms, modalities, interfaces, tools, features, functionality, access length to individual assets, access methods, and support. Named Users with an active learning pass will have access to any new content added during their subscription period.
Cancellation by Okta. Okta reserves the right to cancel or substitute any Training Services without charge. Most Training Services are hosted in a virtual classroom. Okta will notify Customer of any Training Service cancellation at least five (5) business days prior to the scheduled start date of the Training Service, and will work with Customer to reschedule the Training Service. Should Okta cancel a Training Service, 100% of the Training Services Fees paid by Customer will be applied to a future Training Service. Okta will not be responsible or liable for any costs incurred by Customer, including but not limited to costs related to changes or cancellations in travel plans.
Attendee Reschedule/Cancellation. If an attendee is unable to attend the Training Service in which they have enrolled, Customer must contact Okta at least five (5) business days before the start of the Training Service by emailing [email protected] with “CANCELLATION” in the subject line. If no notice is provided or notice is provided less than five (5) business days before the start of the Training Service, Customer will be responsible for 100% of the Fees. A substitute may attend in the attendee’s place with no penalties provided that Customer emails [email protected] at least twenty-four (24) hours prior to the Training Service start date and time. This reschedule/cancellation policy applies to both onsite and virtual classes. For virtual classes containing multiple segments, attendees shall not be permitted to make-up missed segments or transfer dates from one Class segment to another Class.
Materials. All title and intellectual property rights in and to the Training Services, including any materials provided are owned exclusively by Okta and its partners and suppliers. Customer may not record, stream or otherwise capture any performance or aspect of the Training Services. The Training Services and any related materials may not be modified, copied, resold, sublicensed, or otherwise made available to third parties. The Training Services may not be used by anyone other than Named Users unless approved in writing by Okta in advance. Other than as expressly set forth herein, no license or other rights in or to the Training Services and its related materials and intellectual property rights thereto are granted, and all such licenses and rights are hereby expressly reserved. Any ideas, suggestions, modifications and the like made by Named Users with respect to the Training Services will be the property of Okta regardless of whether Okta chooses to exercise its rights to incorporate such ideas, suggestions or modifications into the Training Services or its related materials. Training Services and related materials are not subject to any maintenance, support or updates.
Term. All Training Services and Certification Exams must be completed or commenced no later than one (1) year from the date of initial purchase, unless otherwise specified in a course description or Order Form. If Training Services are not completed or commenced within such one (1) year period, Customer will forfeit the right to use or schedule such Training Services and will not receive any refund or credit for such forfeited Training Services.
Government Customers. Government Customers may purchase Training Services, except for Training Units which are not offered to Government Customers. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in these terms, Training Services purchased by a Government Customer never expire and unused Training Services are eligible for a refund.
The term “Government Customer(s)” includes entities of the United States Federal Government, as well as state, local, or education entities (“SLED”) created by the constitution or a statute of the state and that purchase Training Services using state funds. Examples of United States Federal entities include, but are not limited to, Federal (executive, legislative or judicial) agencies, departments, commissions, boards, offices, councils, and authorities. Additionally, the term Government Customer includes an authorized partner or systems integrator purchasing Training Services with federal funding on behalf of a United States Federal entity. Examples of SLED entities include, but are not limited to,
• county or state governmental agencies or departments, commissions, boards, offices, councils, authorities or other agencies in the executive, legislative, or judicial branch of a state or local government;
• municipalities or special district cities; public elementary, secondary, graduate post-graduate, vocational, colleges and universities, including include district, regional, and state administrative offices and state boards of education;
• public libraries;
• tribal Government entities; and
• governmental agencies such as Chambers of Commerce, Better Business Bureaus, small business advocates, legislative bureaus, public defense associations, Metropolitan Transit Authorities, Port Authorities, Housing Authorities, and Power Authorities.
No Warranty. TRAINING SERVICES AND RELATED MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND OKTA MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE.
Export. Customer represents that it is not named on any U.S. government list of persons or entities with which U.S. persons are prohibited from transacting, nor owned or controlled by or acting on behalf of any such persons or entities, and Customer will not access or use the Training Services in any manner that would cause any party to violate any U.S. or international embargo, export control law, or prohibition.