Why Your Boss Needs to Send You To #Oktane14
Maybe you attended Oktane13 last year. Maybe your IT department recently adopted Okta and you want to learn more about identity management. Or maybe you heard about last year's customer appreciation party. Whatever the reason, you’re interested in attending Okta’s second annual user conference, Oktane14, and we don’t blame you.
Much like this World Cup justification letter (you know, the one you wish you used to convince your boss to let you watch #USMNT), we have everything you need to persuade your manager to approve your upcoming absence - including our very own Oktane14 justification letter. And while your dedication to soccer didn’t result in an ultimate US victory, you’ll bring home the gold when you attend Oktane14 – leaving the conference with new strategies, relationships and a better understanding of how to drive efficiency and productivity for your organization.
Here are the top five reasons your boss needs to send you to Oktane14 in November. He or she won’t be disappointed, and neither will you.
1. The Content: During 35+ content-rich sessions, you’ll hear from Okta’s product experts and our inspiring customers. Learn about our latest releases, product roadmap and the new and innovative ways our customers are extending their use of Okta. Our customers will walk you through the challenges they faced in today’s cloud-first environment, and how Okta became the source of identity to tie all their people and applications together. Last year’s customer presentations covered a wide range of industries and featured Post Holdings, Allergan, Inc., Box, AMAG Pharmaceuticals, School of Rock, National Geographic and Western Union. From “How-To” sessions to analysis of IT trends, at Oktane14 you’ll learn how an identity management provider can benefit both your organization’s security and productivity.
2. The People: You’ll hear from the best of the best. Last year’s keynote speakers included our CEO Todd McKinnon, COO Frederic Kerrest, Ben Horowitz, co-founder and partner of the venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz and Geoffrey Moore, business advisor author of Crossing the Chasm. In addition, you’ll learn from your peers and role models before, during and after the presentations. The 900+ attendees around you will be IT executives, managers, application architects, security professionals, industry thought-leaders and leading SaaS application providers.
3. Personalized Attention – Spend dedicated time with industry professionals during designated “Office Hours” at the Expert Bar and during 1:1 sessions. You’ll leave with new relationships, LinkedIn connections and implementation guidance unique to your organization because not all deployments are the same! If you liked our Tips and Tricks from the Okta Community, you’ll love the personalized advice to find out what Okta can help you to accomplish.
4. Solution Provider Evaluation – We’re bringing the cloud to you. Test out solutions, ask questions of our many sponsors and exhibitors to figure out what best-of-breed solutions are perfect for your organization. Platinum Sponsors for Oktane14 include Box and Jive. We’re also thrilled to have Egnyte, Adallom, NetSkope, Skyhigh and Workday join us as Gold Sponsors. Check the website regularly for an updated roster.
5. An Epic After-Party – Identity management gurus know how to party. Don’t believe us? Check out our Facebook album from last year’s conference. Sparkly suits, bowling balls, an open bar... Maybe you shouldn’t use the party to convince your boss, but you should use it as a reason to celebrate once you do!
So go find your boss and submit the request. You can even borrow our “Convince Your Boss” letter. Then secure your spot by registering online. And if you’re feeling really articulate, submit a speaker proposal before July 31st, 2014.
We can’t wait to see you November 10-12 at Oktane14 in San Francisco.