Inline Hooks allow developers to modify inflight Okta processes with custom logic and data from a non-Okta source. Currently, the following Okta workflows can be modified:
Registration Inline Hook
Extend Self-Service Registration with external custom logic or 3rd party services to modify and validate profiles before completing registration.
Potential customizations using the Registration Inline Hook include:
- Validate user against existing database
- Enrich profile with information from a CRM or other directory
- Identity proofing with Experian
- Generate unique Customer ID
Import Inline Hook
Easily migrate customer and employee profile data from existing user stores with customizable data clean up and profile enrichment. Combine data from multiple sources into Okta’s centralized Universal Directory.
Potential customizations using the Import Inline Hook include:
- Enrich profile with information from a CRM, HR system or AD/LDAP
- Override Okta's default matching logic
- Identify username conflicts and create a unique one
Token and SAML Inline Hooks
Retrieve and use information housed in external systems in authorization decisions.
Potential customizations using Token and SAML Inline Hooks include:
- Add sensitive customer data to tokens and assertions
- Retrieve dynamic customer data
- Integrate with external entitlement engines