Everything you need to get more done. Business productivity and collaboration tools together in a single convenient package that works seamlessly from your computer, tablet, or phone.
Okta can integrate Google Workspace with your HRM system as a source, or through Active Directory or LDAP instances, for fast and secure Single Sign-On (SSO) and user provisioning across your enterprise. No more password reset problems, orphaned accounts, or issues synchronizing user profiles.
Provisioning and authentication
Add this integration to enable authentication and provisioning capabilities.
- Create Creates or links a user in the application when assigning the app to a user in Okta.
- Update Okta updates a user's attributes in the app when the app is assigned. Future attribute changes made to the Okta user profile will automatically overwrite the corresponding attribute value in the app.
- Deactivate Deactivates a user's account in the app when it is unassigned in Okta or their Okta account is deactivated. Accounts can be reactivated if the app is reassigned to a user in Okta.
- Attribute Sourcing The application can be defined as the source of truth for a full user profile or as the source of truth for specific attributes on a user profile.
- Sync Password Push either the users Okta password or a randomly generated password to the app. This feature is not required for all federated applications as user authentication takes place in Okta, however some apps still require a password.
- Group Push Push existing Okta groups and their memberships to the application. Groups can then be managed in Okta and changes are reflected in the application.
- Group Linking Link Okta groups to existing groups in the application. Simplifies onboarding an app for Okta provisioning where the app already has groups configured.
- Schema Discovery Import the user attribute schema from the application and reflect it in the Okta app user profile. Allows Okta to use custom attributes you have configured in the application that were not included in the basic app schema.
- Attribute Writeback When the application is used as a profile master it is possible to define specific attributes to be sourced from another location and written back to the app. For example the user profile may come from Active Directory with phone number sourced from another app and written back to Active Directory.
- SAML Security Assertion Markup Language is an open standard for exchanging authentication and authorization data between an identity provider (IdP) and a service provider (SP) that does not require credentials to be passed to the service provider.
- SWA Secure Web Authentication is a Single Sign On (SSO) system developed by Okta to provide SSO for apps that don't support proprietary federated sign-on methods, SAML or OIDC.
- OIDC OpenID Connect is an extension to the OAuth standard that provides for exchanging Authentication data between an identity provider (IdP) and a service provider (SP) and does not require credentials to be passed from the Identity Provider to the application.
Automated business processes with Workflows New!
Google Workspace Connector actions
- Create user alias
- List User Groups
- Make User Admin
- Read User Alias
- Delete user
- Activate User
- List All Groups
- Get All Licenses
- Add Organization to User
- Read User
- Add Address to User
- Read All Organizational Units
- List Group Members
- Read User Licenses
- Perform Device Action
- Read All User ASPs
- Remove User From Group
- Add IM to User
- Delete User Alias
- Delete User Device
- Add External ID to User
- Deactivate User
- Delete User Access Token
- Read All Verification Codes
- Read Group
- Search Groups
- Search User
- Add Phone to User
- Add User to Group
- Add Email to User
- Create User
- Delete Group
- Add Website to User
- Create Group
- Add Relation to User
- Read All User Devices
- Unassign License From User
- Delete User ASP
- Update User
- Invalidate User Verification Code
- Update Group