Everything you need to get more done. Business productivity and collaboration tools together in a single convenient package that works seamlessly from your computer, tablet, or phone.
Okta can integrate Google Workspace with your HRM system as a source, or through Active Directory or LDAP instances, for fast and secure Single Sign-On (SSO) and user provisioning across your enterprise. No more password reset problems, orphaned accounts, or issues synchronizing user profiles.
Add this integration to enable authentication and provisioning capabilities.
- Event Hooks
- Inbound Federation
- Outbound Federation
- SAML Security Assertion Markup Language is an open standard for exchanging authentication and authorization data between an identity provider (IdP) and a service provider (SP) that does not require credentials to be passed to the service provider.
- Workflow Templates
- Workflows Connectors
- SWA Secure Web Authentication is a Single Sign On (SSO) system developed by Okta to provide SSO for apps that don't support proprietary federated sign-on methods, SAML or OIDC.
- OIDC OpenID Connect is an extension to the OAuth standard that provides for exchanging Authentication data between an identity provider (IdP) and a service provider (SP) and does not require credentials to be passed from the Identity Provider to the application.
- Create Creates or links a user in the application when assigning the app to a user in Okta.
- Update Okta updates a user's attributes in the app when the app is assigned. Future attribute changes made to the Okta user profile will automatically overwrite the corresponding attribute value in the app.
- Attribute Sourcing The application can be defined as the source of truth for a full user profile or as the source of truth for specific attributes on a user profile.
- Deactivate Deactivates a user's account in the app when it is unassigned in Okta or their Okta account is deactivated. Accounts can be reactivated if the app is reassigned to a user in Okta.
- Sync Password Push either the users Okta password or a randomly generated password to the app. This feature is not required for all federated applications as user authentication takes place in Okta, however some apps still require a password.
- Group Push Push existing Okta groups and their memberships to the application. Groups can then be managed in Okta and changes are reflected in the application.
- Group Linking Link Okta groups to existing groups in the application. Simplifies onboarding an app for Okta provisioning where the app already has groups configured.
- Schema Discovery Import the user attribute schema from the application and reflect it in the Okta app user profile. Allows Okta to use custom attributes you have configured in the application that were not included in the basic app schema.
- Attribute Writeback When the application is used as a profile master it is possible to define specific attributes to be sourced from another location and written back to the app. For example the user profile may come from Active Directory with phone number sourced from another app and written back to Active Directory.
Here is a section all about documentation, integration, and implementation.
Google Workspace Connector actions
- Search User
- Add Email to User
- Read All User ASPs
- Read User
- Add Address to User
- Delete User ASP
- Delete user
- Delete User Device
- Add Phone to User
- Unassign License From User
- Add Organization to User
- Search Groups
- Add Relation to User
- Create Group
- Delete Group
- Update User
- Create User
- Read All Verification Codes
- List User Groups
- Invalidate User Verification Code
- Deactivate User
- Activate User
- Add External ID to User
- Add Website to User
- Remove User From Group
- Make User Admin
- Read All Organizational Units
- Read Group
- Create user alias
- Read User Alias
- Perform Device Action
- Read All User Devices
- Read User Licenses
- Update Group
- List Group Members
- Delete User Access Token
- Delete User Alias
- Add User to Group
- Add IM to User
- Get All Licenses
- List All Groups
G Suite Admin
Reassign Files while Deprovisioning with Google Drive
Generate Unique Emails
Importing Users from Google Sheets
Manage G Suite User Licenses
Raw HTTP Connector to GSuite
Create a Report on Multiple Okta Events
Creates a Report with Google Sheets
Reset User Sessions in Okta, Zoom, Google Workspace, and O365