Learn how to deploy authentication and user registration on Okta Customer Identity Solution using Okta’s Sign In Widget and AuthJS SDK according to best practices and established workflows.
This course dives deep into the different models of deploying authentication with Okta based on different requirements and needs for end-user authentication and access. Create application- level Sign On Policies to secure business partner applications at appropriate levels of assurance. Improve user experience with custom branding and passwordless authentication. Common business and technical use cases, troubleshooting, and best practices are discussed
Participants will learn how to:
- Describe key Okta Customer Identity Solution (formerly Okta CIAM) use cases + features.
- Explore and understand the Okta Data Model by examining requests and responses from the Core Okta REST API.
- Deploy Authentication using the Redirect and Embedded Models.
- Customize Sign-In pages using the Okta-hosted and Self-hosted Sign In Widget.
- Explore, understand, and implement Web Single Sign On (SSO).
- Implement Self-service Registration (Sign Up) and define User Profile Attributes.
- Insert custom logic into Identity flows with Inline Hooks.
- Log events to external services using Event Hooks.
- Migrate users from an external source.
- Secure your application with application-level Sign On Policies and Multifactor Authentication (MFA).
- Implement Passwordless Authentication with Email Magic Link.
- Authenticate to Okta using External IdPs.
- Authenticate consumers with Social Authentication.
- Leverage and contribute to the Okta Developer Community.
- Troubleshoot problems and work effectively with Okta Support.
- Identity and Access Management: An Introduction (on-demand)
- Understanding of REST APIs
- Students use their own computers.
- Okta provides access to an Okta tenant and virtual machine to complete labs.
- Note: This content is also available in on-demand format as part of the Okta Premier Learning Pass subscriptions.
Looking for a course outline? Click HERE to view the Course Datasheet.
For current seat availability, please click on the Register Now button below.